Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I use this bike mainly for a "get lost on a nice day" bike, I wanted to install my Garmin Zumo off my BMW on to it. No way was I going to just squeeze a RAM mount around the handlebar and call it good. I ordered a separate mount and wiring kit for it and then broke out some 6061 aluminum and milled it down to fit between the bar clamp while still clamping the bars. Drilled mounting holes for spacers to let it clear the tank and angle it towards the rider. I removed the tank and hard wired the power supply off the battery. It tucked and tied in nicely with the factory wiring harness. A coat of semigloss enamel to hide the metal mount and then bolted the base in place. Works perfect. Remove the gps and the matte black mount still looks factory. The entire system can be remove if needed with no changes to the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's actually a perfect setup you have there. Not intrusive at all, looks super clean, easy to see and handle. Considering you're really handy with the tools, what else do you have planned to custom make?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure yet. I have a few blocks of aluminum sitting around that are asking to be milled into something. Thinking about pulling some parts off for powder coat in the meantime. New bar top clamp?

Pulling the cat off this weekend to cut it open and clean it out. See how the sound is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts