Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting the ball rolling on a build thread here. Starting out with a couple of pics from the day I brought my bike home, and after my buddy helped me with the decat/x-pipe installation along with the Gassers exhaust and Omega Racer swingarm bag (dark brown color).

The bike was painted Khaki Matte Green by a painter the dealership found, prior to me taking delivery. The dealership installed the high bars, cruise control, the short rear fender and required LED signals that come with it, as well as the side-mount license plate I provided. I also installed the brown quilted seat and the BoosterPlug (after extending the sensor wire) myself prior to delivery. More to come!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The next additions were my fuel bottle/holder and matching key ring, along with TEC progressive springs (HUGE improvement and probably the best $80 you can spend on your Bobber!) and my very convenient-to-use metal helmet clasp.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed my Union Jack radiator cover, and I forgot to mention previously that I also installed the JW Speaker/Motodemic adaptive LED headlight that's awesome in the dark. Also including a better pic of my licence plate mount.

After 2 months of riding with the brown quilted seat, I switched back to the OEM black seat. The brown quilted wasn't my cup of tea, and I like the more cupped OEM seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The next addition was my Rokform phone mount. I also installed a Cardo Packtalk on my Joe Rocket carbon fiber helmet. Absolutely LOVE the Packtalk! No messing around with reconnecting whenever I ride with my buddy and his dad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Near the end of the Summer I painted the lettering and cobra on my tires (love this look!), installed a Corbin seat (Bomber Brown with black braid trim) and added leather grip tape. The grip tape is a really nice addition, and I'd especially recommend it for guys with big hands to give a beefier grip to hold onto.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My last 2 purchases of the year was a Wilbers 640 Nightline shock and the Kuryakyn Momentum Vagabond Bag. I haven't had a chance to experience the new shock other than a quick ride around the block to settle it in, so I'll have to evaluate that next Spring. I decided to buy the Kuryakyn bag to use in conjunction with the Hepco and Becker rear rack that I'm planning on buying.

I figure the rear rack with the Kuryakyn bag will work grear for longer trips, yet it allows me to remove it quickly for day-to-day use.

The only other item I forgot to mention is the Motone gas cap. I have a black one that scratched very quickly this Spring and then I switched to the brushed silver one that's held up well this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Your bike looks great. We seem to have similar tastes in many areas. I have the quilted brown seat but a Corbin Bomber Jacket brown is in the post. Same rear indicators and bar clamp. I also have the Motone rad cover.

I make no apology and please take it as a compliment. My rubber paint sticks were delivered yesterday and I'm going to copy what you did with your Tyres. Looks fantastic.

I'm curious about the Guardian Bell. How does it sound when your riding or does the engine and exhaust drown it out?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your bike looks great. We seem to have similar tastes in many areas. I have the quilted brown seat but a Corbin Bomber Jacket brown is in the post. Same rear indicators and bar clamp. I also have the Motone rad cover.

I make no apology and please take it spas a compliment. My rubber paint sticks were delivered yesterday and I'm going to copy what you did with your Tyres. Looks fantastic.
It's all good, Freddy! It isn't like you and I will be parking next to each other...ever. If you were my next door neighbor, I'd be more concerned. As it is, I really appreciate all of the changes people on this site have made to their bikes, and I know that to matter how often we may copy a change/mod here or there, none of us will ever have a bike that's an exact duplicate of another.

To the rest of the folks on this forum, c'mon!...get working on your build threads and add your link to the link page.

I'll get to work on a new post with all of my mods listed in one place as soon as I buy my rear rack. I know I've forgotten a few things already, like my black Triumph throttle body covers.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I really like the white lettering on the tires. Good job!
It seems to me that it might be easier to roll the paint on with a hard rubber roller, that's how its done in a production process. you get better coverage on raised letters.

Chico

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the compliments on the white lettering. I picked up a white Sharpie brand paint pen at Home Depot, but it's also available through Amazon or office supply stores. I made the mistake of buying a "bold point" marker, which was about a 1/4" square tip that was a bit unwieldy, but it worked. I would recommend going with more of a medium point, so it's easier to control. Initially I was a bit disappointed by the fact that the first coat didn't provide completely opaque coverage, but once the job was complete I felt like having less than perfectly opaque lettering gave it a more realistic weathered look. To each their own, of course. It took about 45 minutes to do both sides of both tires.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks pretty cool! Can you tell me more about that license plate mount?
Thanks! I bought my mount through Amazon. I pulled the order and this is the link to the specific mount I bought, however it's no longer available through Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWEYOY4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one looks pretty similar and IS available: https://smile.amazon.com/Vertical-License-Bracket-Running-Chopper/dp/B01GEDBK3C/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_9?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01GEDBK3C&pd_rd_r=29a9d98b-e7c9-11e8-a1cb-bd18f79b5821&pd_rd_w=rUtyx&pd_rd_wg=sfR2a&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=YG522TEBQW4BJQTJ8WRT&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=YG522TEBQW4BJQTJ8WRT

And this mount is vitually identical, but without the light, so if you combiner the one above with the mount below, you'd end up with the same thing. There are some pics (probably in the What Did You Do To Your Bobber Today thread) showing how I had to slightly modify the mount to get it to fit on the axle bolt nicely.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06WLJGPFC/ref=psdc_8323687011_t1_B01LWEYOY4

·
Registered
34 Posts
The next addition was my Rokform phone mount. I also installed a Cardo Packtalk on my Joe Rocket carbon fiber helmet. Absolutely LOVE the Packtalk! No messing around with reconnecting whenever I ride with my buddy and his dad.
Can't beat the Packtalk. Also, big bonus, it's waterproof.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts