Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks nice , lose the weight of one can and produce a nice loud combined exhaust note that I'm sure would be fantastic with any muffler 馃崝
Arm Nickel Auto part Composite material Cylinder
anyone else think this is the most killer idea since sliced bread?

Registered
OK, that gizzmo would certainly suit my ongoing project. Bugger, it's just too bad this comes to light after I've already fabricated miscellaneous hardware items around the left pipe and slip-on. Though I don't relish the thought of doing another X-pipe swap-out.

So where's the site for this.....Looks like a modded ZARD.

I'd like to see some pix of this installed.

Something different.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like the can design, I really want a 2-1 exhaust but think a x-pipe with a turndown under the bike would be awesome . Completely hidden away, would have to get baffles in the header pipes
OK, that gizzmo would certainly suit my ongoing project. Bugger, it's just too bad this comes to light after I've already fabricated miscellaneous hardware items around the left pipe and slip-on. Though I don't relish the thought of doing another X-pipe swap-out.

So where's the site for this.....Looks like a modded ZARD.

I'd like to see some pix of this installed.

Something different.

View attachment 54791
Like the exhausts fat short mufler can. I had considered a crossover header as well , I like the Scranbler design 2-1 but want a low or undercarriage system. Nice and unique and hopefully loud I assume.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Got it sent over to a well known aftermarket fab-shop and distributer , they loved my input for working with them to market an inspection cover.

Get enough interest and things get built, they've built T-style merge pipes in the past so a Y-pipe should be common sense and not much harder than building an X or T-merge. Just need a different weld on one side, if they don't like the idea I've sent it to a buddy at AJ cycles as well , he'll have more fabrication shop insiders who might like it. **** someone on here might decide to build them , already had that happen with speed rings.
At the least I'm going to cut off an xpipe at the weld and reweld a piece of the left over scrap to fit for a one off as it's already a perfect bend to do so.
Production doesn't seem far-fetched as people are using cross over systems meant for Thruxtons and speed Twins for custom projects all over the place, problem is that creates uneven cylinder heat. Not as bad as a Harley but still less than ideal for easy tuning and even firing especially on hot days 馃崝

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the early crossover pipe design for of the Thruxton and would think at least one manufacturer would've copied that by now for increased flow on aftermarket systems. The earlier pipe merge the better the flow rate for the exhaust as the subsequent combustion raises the other pipes pressure better than just an x-pipe as it doesn't involve pressure levels for an additional 6" of tubing. Haven't welded in long time and doubt I could make a system , would have to di-sect my stock pipes for a base, and even then would probably fudge it up more than Mrs Brown. But the x to y-pipe conversion a backyard welder could put that together after a little work with a circular saw.

Registered
No but I've seen some cool 2-1 custom pipes from them before but I've never seen a Y -pipe like this utilized.
Thought Retro was interested in seeing more of the scrambled Bobber...

As for the Y-pipe...why not? Based on the seemingly-nonsensical propensity to stick a passenger seat on a bobber, apparently anything goes -- it's open season -- let 'er rip!

Registered
Thought Retro was interested in seeing more of the scrambled Bobber...
Naaa. I just threw the MOTO TRIO pic in as an aside whilst we were looking at options. And, 'wash my mouth out with soap' for even considering the sacrilege of a Zard Street Scrambler setup.

OK, let's back on topic lads..........I drifted off.

Attachments

Registered
To my eye that looks like a normal x pipe with one outlet chopped off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what the design base really is , I've just photoshopped this , it has not been cut and welded . But am sure someone else could beat me to the punch as I'm busy moving about 8000 miles in the next few months. Saving up pretty much every dollar to get half way across the country to a lower cost friendlier region with a steadier job. I'm looking at a shorty pipe from hitchcox or motone to use as a platform, should be loud as **** even with a wrapped baffle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had to find a remote job to transfer , southern TX had a 35-45% rent hike in a little more than a year and I'm not going to get stuck in a home loan here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts