Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Apologies - I’m being mildly lazy (both research and diy)

Thinking about getting an x-pipe for my bobber black (possibly motone) - to compliment my V&H ends

Assume I could take to general mike mechanic for fitting? I also assume - triumph wouldn’t fit? (Would be handy to do at same time as first service). Any recommendations in Somerset area?

I could do myself, but don’t have an awful lot of time over next few months - and want that free time on the bike rather than in it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Here in the US, several of the dealers have installed the Xpipe for folks. Some even ordered the Xpipe for them. (mine would not). I would contact the dealer for install as they should be more familiar with the bike/frame/what needs to be done, etc. before a general mechanic unless you have a trusted one.

For DIY - it's a matter of a few hours (some have done it in just over an hour..). Start in the morning, let the day warm up, be done for a ride the same day...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip - I’ll call the dealer as a first step.

I’ve seen a few install videos - seems straightforward.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, dealers will fit them. Jack Lilley will definatly fit one. They've done so on some of the custom specials they build.

I'm going to get them to fit one on my first service too :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. I’ve emailed Fowler’s in Bristol.

Which x-pipe are you going for? Motone was the first I heard of. Any better options? Or are they much the same ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts