Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I got my Wunderkind rear fender back from the paint shop today, ready to fit it this weekend. Just wondering if anyone that has fitted this themselves has any tips or tricks I might want to be aware of? I plan to drop the back wheel out to do it, so other than a torque wrench and approriate fitting for the rear wheel spindle is there anything else out of the ordinary that I might need? To (hopefully) make things easier and/or tidier I also bought the following:

On another note, the next thing I'd like to do is replace the stock front indicators with something a bit more in keeping with the new rear end. Any suggestions/pictures would be appreaciated. I want the indicators fork mounted and small, but they must be LED and bright so they are seen easily.

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have just purchased some Kellerman atto darks with some kellerman M10 adaptors for the front. No fitted them yet but they are tiny and apparently super bright.
Going to mount a set on the rear but will probaly need a relay to compensate any hyper flash.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just purchased some Kellerman atto darks with some kellerman M10 adaptors for the front. No fitted them yet but they are tiny and apparently super bright.
Going to mount a set on the rear but will probaly need a relay to compensate any hyper flash.
How do you plan to get these on the forks? Use the factory bracket or are you buying some sort of fork mount? I've been looking and not sure what to buy. I read (on here I think) that the Motone fork wrap mounts are only good for Motone indicators

Other than that there seems to be Rizoma which I'm not as keen on.

Generic brackets in two different styles that can both come in 41mm varients but look a bit cheap and fragile

Not sure which route to go for the front. At one point I wanted bar end indicators but I've decided now that I want them on the forks, much like the factory indicators, just smaller. Decisions decision....

·
Registered
171 Posts
That Tec adapter is different than the wiring harness on the bobber. The harness on the bobber is smaller with more pins. You don’t need it anyways. The easiest and cleanest way is to cut and splice the rear wire harness. There is a lot of wire length on the stock harness and you could easily cut and splice it back if you wanted to go back to stock. I spliced, soldered, and used the correct shrink tubing on my install. Just make sure you leave enough length and zip everything in a way that allays for movement of the swing arm/suspension travel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Tec adapter is different than the wiring harness on the bobber. The harness on the bobber is smaller with more pins. You don’t need it anyways. The easiest and cleanest way is to cut and splice the rear wire harness. There is a lot of wire length on the stock harness and you could easily cut and splice it back if you wanted to go back to stock. I spliced, soldered, and used the correct shrink tubing on my install. Just make sure you leave enough length and zip everything in a way that allays for movement of the swing arm/suspension travel.
Good to know, if annoying. I was hoping not to have to do that. The part is even listed as a Bobber part if you browse by bike. Guess I'll be returning it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On another note, the next thing I'd like to do is replace the stock front indicators with something a bit more in keeping with the new rear end. Any suggestions/pictures would be appreaciated. I want the indicators fork mounted and small, but they must be LED and bright so they are seen easily.

Hey @BobberFett, I put these on my Bobber - US $19.49 25% OFF|Motorcycle Turn Signals Indicators Amber Black Bullet Turn Signal Light Lamp Blinkers Led For Harley| | - AliExpress
Highly recommend. Alloy housing, look just like stock except smaller, cheap as ****, I got the clear lens. They are 5w led so no messing with settings and basically plug and play...I did cut the oems to get extra length and used original plugs. and i used the 41mm brackets shown above in your last post but had to redrill hole to 10mm. Also the clamps I got are exactly the same but only cost $6 NZ from Aliexpress delivered.
will post photos later if you want.
Cheers and good luck

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Hey @BobberFett, I put these on my Bobber - US $19.49 25% OFF|Motorcycle Turn Signals Indicators Amber Black Bullet Turn Signal Light Lamp Blinkers Led For Harley| | - AliExpress
Highly recommend. Alloy housing, look just like stock except smaller, cheap as ****, I got the clear lens. They are 5w led so no messing with settings and basically plug and play...I did cut the oems to get extra length and used original plugs. and i used the 41mm brackets shown above in your last post but had to redrill hole to 10mm. Also the clamps I got are exactly the same but only cost $6 NZ from Aliexpress delivered.
will post photos later if you want.
Cheers and good luck
I'd like to see some pics. Are these lights bright?

Chico

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd like to see some pics. Are these lights bright?

Chico
Yip, very bright. 5w same as oem just smaller. As I said casing is alloy and more of a matt finish which I clear coated to get a bit more of a gloss finish.
357FCF73-FB7A-4DDE-A584-E5A1BBCF0749.jpeg
B3F6BA75-29EB-44F6-BCB8-53895078BABC.jpeg
1DBA9510-A78E-469B-8419-5FB1A48592D8.jpeg
04A6AF0F-4DF8-49B4-9FBC-3163C064B9B8.jpeg
F6DCFA97-1815-4404-98BD-88E89CC37498.jpeg
DA02D119-4188-4D2A-907D-7B254955A0B3.jpeg
7494B935-2E55-4E53-94F4-3CB691E081DB.jpeg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Jimijam Thanks a lot for your posts, this really helps. Those indicator brackets look great, I might have to check aliexpress etc as well, see if I can find some as cheap over here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got the rear fender fitted today. So pleased with it. Had to figure out the wiring as I couldn't find anything online or on the Wunderkind website. I'll put the details of that here incase anyone comes across this thread and finds it useful.

Triumph
Yellow x2: Numberplate and Tail Light
Green and Brown/Black/Blue (hard to tell): Stop Light
Green and Red: Left Indicator
Green and White: Right Indicator
Black: Earth

Wunderkind
Black: Earth
Brown: Stop Light
Blue: Indicator
White: Tail Light

And now for the pictures...

·
Registered
31 Posts
How do you plan to get these on the forks? Use the factory bracket or are you buying some sort of fork mount? I've been looking and not sure what to buy. I read (on here I think) that the Motone fork wrap mounts are only good for Motone indicators

Other than that there seems to be Rizoma which I'm not as keen on.

Generic brackets in two different styles that can both come in 41mm varients but look a bit cheap and fragile

Not sure which route to go for the front. At one point I wanted bar end indicators but I've decided now that I want them on the forks, much like the factory indicators, just smaller. Decisions decision....
Sorry for a late reply. Kellerman do some adaptors from M5 to M8 and M10s. I have got some of these with some motone mounts as I intend to keep the stock mounts and use the motone adapter. I am planning to mount the rears under the seat on the air box bolts with again motone brackets.
Only had my bike back for a few days following two months in the dealers I will update when I get them on over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Love the wunderkind setup, hope to do it myself one day, lovely look to the rear

May I ask what is the size of your number plate ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's 7in x 6in. It hangs lower than the Triumph bracket but the back of the plate is black so it looks okay to me and the font is very close to legal size.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts