Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today i had the small indicator kit, crown nut/screw, horn displacement bracket & bar risers installed.
Total install time : 4 hours with a coffee break.
https://ab-m.de/de/motorradzubehoer-shop/

The kits/parts are VERY well made and the craftsmanship justifies the price .

Install: though i would not attempt installing them by myself, i would think that most members on the board who are handy with (any) tools could manage it quite easily. The most annoying part is taking off the upper triple tree bracket and bars while trying not to scratch anything. All instructions are in German, but common sense and some Google translate is all thats needed for the parts listed above.

The indicators are tiny (and i mean tiny!) & i really like the way it cleans up the front of the bike, which now matches the small rear multi-function indicators from BikeBrothers.
As for horn bracket, it simply moves the horn away from the left header and places it directly behind the radiator. A nice touch that no one will ever notice but me & fellow Bobber owners who dont like looking at the small horn sticking out :)

The bar risers change the look of the bike. And not necessarily for the better, in my opinion. I REALLY like the aftermarket Triumph bar clamp. It was elegant and suited the bike. The new risers look kind of ugly, BUT they make the bike so much more comfortable (for me) and easier to control. I was filtering through traffic and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference for the better. Then i took some roundabouts and gentle curves and i can confirm that i feel a considerable, positive change in the handling. So, although i prefer the looks of the Triumph clamp function wins over aesthetics and the risers are staying.
I did not try to install the Triumph clamp with the wunderkind riders. It may or may not work and i may give it a try tomorrow.
I am less hunched and happer for it!
**I am 6´ 1¨ and have the statement seat in the rearmost position

The new brake/clutch levers will arrive tomorrow - so i will update my post once installed.

I would also like to add that the service and attention i received from start to finish was fantastic. Detlef speaks perfect English and was happy to deal with all my questions and emails (i had alot of them :eek:)

Enough rambling. Anyone who needs more info is welcome to post here or PM me :smile2:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks stellar! As you said, the mods really cleans up the front of the bike. Despite the small size of the indicators do you feel that they are bright enough to be seen clearly?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks for the video. Your photos/video may have me convinced to forego my previous plan for the front end and go with the Wunderkind upgrade. Per Chezqui's comments, your photos make it really easy to appreciate the difference. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Looking good! Now that you have "no see-um" signals up front, any plans for the rears? I see you have changed them already, just curious if going even smaller back there.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good! Now that you have "no see-um" signals up front, any plans for the rears? I see you have changed them already, just curious if going even smaller back there.
I have the BikeBrothers multi function (& tiny) bullet style lights on the rear.
So now the invisible front matches the invisible rear :wink2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you the opportunity to get out for a test with the bar risers? Can you offer and feedback on those, length etc

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you the opportunity to get out for a test with the bar risers? Can you offer and feedback on those, length etc
Here is a copy/paste from my post above:
¨...they make the bike so much more comfortable (for me) and easier to control. I was filtering through traffic and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference for the better. Then i took some roundabouts and gentle curves and i can confirm that i feel a considerable, positive change in the handling. So, although i prefer the looks of the Triumph clamp function wins over aesthetics and the risers are staying.
I did not try to install the Triumph clamp with the wunderkind riders. It may or may not work and i may give it a try tomorrow.
I am less hunched and happer for it! ¨
**I am 6´ 1¨ and have the statement seat in the rearmost position

The risers are the 60mm version and do not change the length of the bars, only the reach (bringing them closer to the rider)
https://wunderkind-custom.com/de/motorradzubehoer-shop-details/144/lenker-klemmboecke/234/lenker-klemmboecke-1-zoll

·
Registered
106 Posts
**** it! I was hoping those indicators were going to look terrible. Now I'm going to have to buy some!
How was the install? Did you have to cut the wiring loom? and did you need the resistors? Also do you have the BB rear fender or do the rear indicators fit the stock one?

JR

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
**** it! I was hoping those indicators were going to look terrible. Now I'm going to have to buy some!
How was the install? Did you have to cut the wiring loom? and did you need the resistors? Also do you have the BB rear fender or do the rear indicators fit the stock one?

JR
Hi.
They really do look nice, so can´t blame you for getting a pair :wink2:
We had to cut and splice the existing wires from my OEM indicators. Was a 5 min job and completely reversible, as there is more than enough cable.
I am not using any resistors, though i think I may have to install some as the flashing is a touch faster than normal (but doesn´t really bother me.)
No resistors came in the box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Wunderkind levers look fantastic, as does most of their stuff, and whilst I'd love to buy a set they are pretty expensive. By comparison the Tecs are way cheaper but I wonder how the quality compares allowing for the price difference ?

Tempted to order the Tecs at the same time as an X-pipe so would welcome your comments, thanks.

Andy

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hi Andy,

While the TECS offer excellent value for money and work perfectly, the wunderkind levers have a whole different/premium feel. They are chunky, weighty and proportioned perfectly for both span and reach. I don’t know why, but launching feels a little easier with the wunderkind clutch lever. Maybe due to the ergonomic shape, which fits my fingers better.

As for the braking, it feels pretty much the same when comparing the two. Again, maybe a little bit easier to modulate the brakes with 2 fingers as the “feel” of the wunderkind lever suits me better. But really very little in it as the TECS were very good as well.

To sum it up, both the TEC and Wunderkind work perfectly & if function is first priority then go with the TECS for sure. Their cheaper price most certainly does not equate to inferior performance. They perform just as well as the wunderkinds.
But if you don’t mind the price, wunderkind offer a superb premium lever set that really take the look of the Bobber to another level - mainly due to the high quality fit & finish down to the smallest details on the levers.
Something that the TECS just don’t have when comparing them side by side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi eisen77

Thanks for your objective reply, really helpful.

The Wunderkind levers certainly look great and I'm a sucker for top quality gear that adds that special touch. I had a set of Pazzo levers on a Speed Triple and loved the look and feel of them so I'm erring on the side of the more expensive Wunderkinds - there's something about the Bobber that justifies top quality accessories.

Appreciate your help even if it does cost me, thanks.

Andy

·
Registered
82 Posts
In comparison to the original adjustable clutch lever, can you achieve a little less distance with the Wunderkind levers?
I have short fingers, so that would be great value for me. Might become my birthday present, then ;-)

I've been thinking about a riser, too. I see there are also 20mm and 30mm distance caps available to bring the handlebar a bit higher, I might give those a try, first.

Tom

1 - 20 of 24 Posts