Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Worry

4K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Northern bobber 
#1 ·
My son is in Seattle in his apartment by himself for almost two weeks. The governments are talking about shutting the border between Canada and the US. I may never see my only son again. We have storages of some basic stuff here. The news just worse everyday. With temperatures rising everyday. I use to love this time of year but this year not at all. I,m hoping to get the next 6 months by as painless as possible which should take us right back into our 6 month winter (if we make it that long). Motorcycle has been a lifelong passion but not so much lately. I just want to wish everyone on this site good luck I think we are going to need it

#2 ·
we all share your anxiety. i tend (or like) to believe that somehow, “this too shall pass.” a couple of hundred drug companies, thousands of scientists and medical people are working on this problem. my wife and i are not, in any way, housebound people, but we are in lockdown in spain and we’ve just try to bolster each other’s attitude and find ways to pass the day and emerge ourselves in various things that make it more endurable. as far as the borders, i think if it happens at all it will be very temporary and you and your son will be united shortly. every once in awhile i tell my wife i could be going for a ride to which she responds, well, you can’t so you have to get over it and for the moment, move on. i’ve always believed that few developments move in a straight line and i suspect that may apply to what is going on now. two months ago, who would have predicted this so who knows what the next two will bring. maybe, some nice surprises? let’s all hope so. in the meantime, wash your hands, social distance and read as little of the fear mongering news as possible. all the best.

#3 ·
A troubling time indeed.

My older sister lives just a few miles from where all those sad deaths occurred in Washington state. And now I hear from her that she has the flu..! Also my wife is stuck in Connecticut and don't know when she will be able to get back.

My prayers and blessing to all through this troubling time.

The silver lining is (I think), there are no recorded cased of anyone catching this thing from a motorcycle, at least that's what the science indicates..?

Cheerio and good luck to all,

Roy

#6 ·
I'll echo the other comments here , try and stay positive whilst doing what you need to get by. The UK is a bit behind the rest of the world and things are starting to change at an alarming rate here as well now.
I've not seen my parents for weeks as my Dad has lung problems and is self isolating , friends aren't venturing out to meet up any more and work colleagues disappear on a daily basis as our job description changes as many have fallen ill.
It's a very lonely time for everyone but this will pass eventually even if it takes months and we will look back and really appreciate what we have.
This is the singular , most important event in recent times and it will end up uniting us as a species.
Talk to friends and loved ones as much as you can if not face to face then by telephone or online means, help people and try to have a sense of community. A kind act here and there may be the difference between someone feeling utterly helpless and them feeling hope for the future. Good luck everyone, stay safe and healthy and be good to one another❤

#8 ·
I miss those days , whatever happened to that eh? I spent 2 hrs last night trying to find some bog roll and we've been told we need to work from home it's scary times but could be worse here at the moment. If the Sun makes an appearance I'll be working from my second home at some point today aka the Bobber. ?

#9 ·
My son, daughter-in-law and three grandkids are in California. My wife and I are in North Carolina. It's tough not seeing them face to face but we did some Face Time last night. That helped.

The next few months are going to be hard but we will get through this.

#23 ·
They should of called this virus flu19.

Granted flu is allot More deadly but it causes far less panic
I can’t believe people like you still exist. Please educate yourself before your complacency cause even more deaths.
Covid-19 is 10 times more deadly, but it’s not really about the death rate. Approximately 15% need hospitalisation, government are predicting 80% of U.K. population will get it. Let’s say only 50% get it, that’s still 4.8million hospital beds needed.
Please get your head out of your arse and take this seriously. Don’t panic, but do take it seriously. This is only the very beginning of the pandemic.

#24 ·
The flu shows symptoms after 2 days. Covid 19 after 14 days giving more time to infect people.common flu death rate is .1% Covid 19 death rate estimated at 3.9 percent. When people say the common flu has killed more in the last year have to remember this thing has killed over 10 tho in less than 3 months. All that with MILLIONS locked down. Give it a year 296 MILLION could die. Even if the number are cut down by 75% could your heath care system handle it

#26 ·
Normally when bikers talk its about living on the edge, life is the corner not around the corner, looking the grim reaper in the eye and winking and all the other tough guy ??.

Perhaps if any of us survive we could tame that down in future now we know we are scared of maybe dying?

My vote for the renaming goes to.....

KUNG FLU ?

#30 ·
im on the east side of Seattle and it has been ok here. Last couple of days have been nice out. I am surprised we are Not shelter in place yet. The closingof the borders doesn’t count citizens (or so ive been told by the Canadians I work with) sot there is that. Not sure what is to become of all this We just hang at home and hope to not run out of toilet paper. And every once in a while I go for a ride on my bobber and smile.

#34 ·
Talked to him tonight. He video called his company Doctor gave him all the details, chest pain feeling chilled with no fever, run down with no appetit. The doctor told him to keep hydrated and if he has any problems breathing then call 911. They do not want him leaving his apartment unless it gets worse. They will not test you until you cant breath right. He has agreed to contacting us at least once a day. I told him if we don’t hear from him in a 24 hour period I phone the police. The border is closed so we can’t go there (he does not want to put me or his mother at risk) it is so tough knowing he sick and by himself. I just lost my dad last fall now this I don’t know If I can handle this.My head has not stopped spinning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.