Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought I'd share some pictures of some changes I've made to my bike over winter. New leather seat with green piping to match the tank is a tribute to my late mother. I've also added a rack, a 'period' plate, slash cut exhausts and some blingy bits from Triumph. Still plenty of mods planned. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi all, thought I'd share some pictures of some changes I've made to my bike over winter. New leather seat with green piping to match the tank is a tribute to my late mother. I've also added a rack, a 'period' plate, slash cut exhausts and some blingy bits from Triumph. Still plenty of mods planned. Cheers.
How you getting on with the plate... any tugs as yet? I really want to go for the same style of plate but I’m concerned it will act like a magnet for the law!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Been spannering in the garage so not taken her out yet so not sure whether plate will attract unwanted attention.
I can’t see the plate by itself attracting too much attention when to the uninformed eye the bobber does look like an old bike, although being a 66 reg is a bit of a give away when you’re only suppose to have them on pre 1976 machines :wink2:

But it’s great to see another 66plate bobber was yours a former Triumph press bike or were you just quick off the mark?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I can’t see the plate by itself attracting too much attention when to the uninformed eye the bobber does look like an old bike, although being a 66 reg is a bit of a give away when you’re only suppose to have them on pre 1976 machines :wink2:

But it’s great to see another 66plate bobber was yours a former Triumph press bike or were you just quick off the mark?
I’ve been looking at some old school private plates for sale for that very reason. But try as I might I keep looking at the reg MC18 BOB as it ticks my initials box, nods at the year and gives a cheeky wink to the bike also. It’s just a shame the DVLA want £1000 for it overwise my bike would be wearing it already! :D

·
Registered
751 Posts
I’ve been looking at some old school private plates for sale for that very reason. But try as I might I keep looking at the reg MC18 BOB as it ticks my initials box, nods at the year and gives a cheeky wink to the bike also. It’s just a shame the DVLA want £1000 for it overwise my bike would be wearing it already! :D
Sounds perfect, I guess it all depends on how long you’re going to keep the Bobber? >:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been spannering in the garage so not taken her out yet so not sure whether plate will attract unwanted attention.
I can’t see the plate by itself attracting too much attention when to the uninformed eye the bobber does look like an old bike, although being a 66 reg is a bit of a give away when you’re only suppose to have them on pre 1976 machines

The bike was used for Triumph's Bobber launch in Spain.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts