Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted an Opitmate adaptor cable?

I haven’t slid out the battery yet but looking under the cover there’s not a lot of space and unless I’m mistaken fitting another cable to the negative terminal is going to be a real squeeze! :surprise:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This might be a daft question but does the charger’s negative cable have to be connected directly to the battery terminal or doesn’t it matter as long as it's earthed?

The positive battery terminal is easy to access, as is the battery's earthing point that the negative terminal is connected to on the frame, couldn’t I just use that instead?

·
Registered
138 Posts
This might be a daft question but does the charger’s negative cable have to be connected directly to the battery terminal or doesn’t it matter as long as it's earthed?

The positive battery terminal is easy to access, as is the battery's earthing point that the negative terminal is connected to on the frame, couldn’t I just use that instead?
I am looking at mine tomorrow as I need to make up a optimate loom as I left my one on my super Duke 990 !!
But as long as the earth point on the frame has the main earth wire ( Big Chunky One ) to the battery negative post then yes you can use that instead hth

·
Registered
608 Posts
Triumph do an adapter that plugs into that funny triumph adapter on thier charger that you can plug into the accessory Hella connector so you dont need the optimate cable if you have the hella fitted

·
Registered
146 Posts
Because our bikes are stored in a unheated garage and our winters are 6 months long with lows of -30c (-22f) I take out the batteries out and put them on the chargers. My Bobber only has 2500 kilometre on it since the last oil change should I change it before I park it for winter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts