Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
1 inch clamps. It's a tight fit but it works.

Took it on a longer ride recently. Definitely moves wind away from your chest but directs some of it towards your head. With a good helmet and a little tuck it's not so bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Ricky Hu - Would love to hear from anyone else who has purchased or in the process of researching potential windscreens. Planning a couple of longer trips and would love to find one I can easily remove that takes a bit of wind off the helmet and body.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1 inch clamps. It's a tight fit but it works.

Took it on a longer ride recently. Definitely moves wind away from your chest but directs some of it towards your head. With a good helmet and a little tuck it's not so bad.
Any trick to getting these to mount? I tried to mimic your setup and put the clamps right next to the dogbone and could not get them over the bars, or when I could the two halves were too far apart for the bolts. I checked the packaging to confirm they sent me the 1" clamps because it sure feels like they're the wrong size. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Any trick to getting these to mount? I tried to mimic your setup and put the clamps right next to the dogbone and could not get them over the bars, or when I could the two halves were too far apart for the bolts. I checked the packaging to confirm they sent me the 1" clamps because it sure feels like they're the wrong size. Thanks!
It does feel far apart. But you gotta get the bolts in and slowly work them in. It'll fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can get them on. I started by getting one of the bolts in and then had some leverage to squeeze the other side in enough to get the other bolt started. Alternate tightening and it will seat just fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can get them on. I started by getting one of the bolts in and then had some leverage to squeeze the other side in enough to get the other bolt started. Alternate tightening and it will seat just fine.
This is what I ended up doing and it worked great. I didn't put the double sided tape on, as I felt the brackets were pretty tight. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Haven't seen this posted yet; Powerbronze has a flyscreen specifically for the Bobber listed HERE. I went ahead and order once since, in my opinion, it's the best looking option currently available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Haven't seen this posted yet; Powerbronze has a flyscreen specifically for the Bobber listed HERE. I went ahead and order once since, in my opinion, it's the best looking option currently available.
Thanks for the info! Haven't seen this one yet - looks good!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not that I even want one but is that 3" of screen that is above the speedo really gonna make that much of a difference. I don't see the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you spend any time on the freeway it should! But not a very big one...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Whether it's a good idea or not is down to the individual, but from a 955 triple viewpoint, the flyscreen nade such a huge difference i couldnt believe it, went from a comfy 100 to a comfy 130 on the motorway....errr private test track i mean

·
Registered
56 Posts
They always called em flycatchers on the Speed Triples I have owned and a noticeable dif deflecting off the pit of your torso. But aesthetically....that is what's really important lol. My 98 abd 01 with and my 05 and 11 pre screen. Had em all with and without. Little things make a difference. But I think all looked better without them including my new Bobcat.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had a Harley VRSCD Nightrod (2006-2009) that had a sort-of cowling/mini fairing thing around the headlight that was actually pretty good at punching a hole through the air; at higher speeds mind you; it let me cruise at about 85 mph without my jacket flapping around like crazy, which on long tours was much less fatiguing.
On a naked bike my body is about as aerodynamic as a dustbin, so anything like a little fly screen or cowling will help to reduce fatigue.

But will it look good on the bobber? Well, time will tell; someone's gonna come up with something I'm sure :wink2: ...and it has to fit over the speedo too...

cheers!
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Windvest

IMG_7714.jpg

Got this windvest from a friend took the festool to it for that Custom fit .... I love it keeps the sand out of my fact and the wind off my chest .

NC

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah this tries to ride that fine line between aesthetics and effectiveness. Unfortunately, with the type of riding I tend towards, ie...high speed, long distance, I have developed a sever dislike for this bike. While I realize that I won't be hitting the same speeds I did on my 2016 Panigale 1299S, I'm hoping this little flyscreen helps the long distance usability enough to move this bike from its current position at the top of my most hated list.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts