Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any recommendations or have looked into some possible aftermarket windscreen options? I'm finding that the wind is getting really annoying at 70+mph. Ideally it would be nice to have something detachable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I assume that some small screens from e.g. National Cycle would fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
I emailed National Cycle this morning to ask if they had windshields yet or in production for our Bobber. Not yet was the answer. They did say they would let me know if they start development!

·
Registered
79 Posts
The National Cycle Deflector Screen DX Windshield comes with 7/8", 1", or 1.25" clamps, so I assume it should fit the bobber.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just put it on over the weekend -

I chose mounting points right by the bar clamp so I could get the screen as symmetrical as possible and the mounting rods as short as possible. Space doesn't really allow for the screen to be mounted any other way than completely vertical. I'll write more once I've had a chance to take it out on a longer trip!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well.. it looks pretty good, and does seem to be an appropriate height. Interested in the results as well :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Look forward to hearing how it works. How easy is it to remove?
With the quick release version, it is incredibly easy to remove and attach. Simply unscrew the quicklocks and off it goes. Takes 1 minute.

With about 5-10 miles of ride time, the screen seems to do a decent job of moving air away from my chest. But there may be some more wind hitting my helmet (around the top of the visor) based on noise. It isn't as much of an inconvenience as having the wind hitting my chest at 70-80.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I think that looks pretty good actually. If that easy to take on and off, good addition for the longer multi-gas station fill-up trips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I asked Dart if they were looking at making a screen for the bobber.

Got this reply:
We are currently looking into this model.

I will keep your details and let you know as soon as they are ready.

Now that sounds interesting.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I asked Dart if they were looking at making a screen for the bobber.

Got this reply:
We are currently looking into this model.

I will keep your details and let you know as soon as they are ready.

Now that sounds interesting.
Sounds good enough to me. Given how much interest the Bobber has I will be very surprised if they end up giving it a pass. This community is a good example of how things have taken off.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts