Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bought vehicles which after a number of years look old-fashioned ( I look at bikes, cars and say to myself, I can't believe I once wanted one of those) do we think that the bobber will date gracefully? :laugh:

·
Registered
119 Posts
The bobber reminds me of the first motorcycle I was ever given a ride on. I was about 8 or 9 yeas old (somewhere around 1964 or 1965) and a cousin gave me a ride on his '50s Triumph. We hit a R/R crossing and got some air. I think my grin was so big you could actually hear it!

54 years later and having owned 20 different motorcycles, I still hit that R/R crossing and get a little air these days and it still gives me a grin.

That first ride on a Triumph is the reason I was attracted to the Bobber.

·
Registered
579 Posts
All we need is for someone to reinvent the Vincent Black Shadow (tho drum brakes at 140 would make the Bobber's look good)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The bobber reminds me of the first motorcycle I was ever given a ride on. I was about 8 or 9 yeas old (somewhere around 1964 or 1965) and a cousin gave me a ride on his '50s Triumph. We hit a R/R crossing and got some air. I think my grin was so big you could actually hear it!

54 years later and having owned 20 different motorcycles, I still hit that R/R crossing and get a little air these days and it still gives me a grin.

That first ride on a Triumph is the reason I was attracted to the Bobber.
Reading your short story brought a smile to my face... I have similar memories and they all just came floading back to me ;)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
All we need is for someone to reinvent the Vincent Black Shadow (tho drum brakes at 140 would make the Bobber's look good)
I know a guy that actually has a Vincent Black Lightning... along with almost 250 other bikes!

One of my favourite songs to listen to whilst riding...:cool:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
In 1980 my next door neighbor had a TR6 Trophy. That sold me on Triumphs. A neighbor owns a Vincent Black Shadow but I haven't seen it out in years. Neither of those bikes will ever grow old or go out of style.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Regardless of what’s new and “in”, great design never goes out of style. I think it’s safe to say the Bobber will be seen as a great design for a very long time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The stock Bobber will age gracefully. It will probably be regarded as a classic in the future.

However (and I hate to say this), some of the overly modified dogs dinners that sometimes appear on this forum will not.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Come on Guffer, tell us how you really feel... ;)
même moi, qui suis français et ne maitrise pas toujours la langue de Shakespeare:crying:
et bien.. J'ai COMPRIS Guffer >:) :wink2:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
même moi, qui suis français et ne maitrise pas toujours la langue de Shakespeare:crying:
et bien.. J'ai COMPRIS Guffer >:) :wink2:
We are discussing 'the winds of time' here.

By the way PFEN, I will tell you why my forum name is chezqui if you tell me why you are PFEN. Deal?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The stock Bobber will age gracefully. It will probably be regarded as a classic in the future.

However (and I hate to say this), some of the overly modified dogs dinners that sometimes appear on this forum will not.
how much did you hate to say this:wink2:

·
Registered
459 Posts
By the way PFEN, I will tell you why my forum name is chezqui if you tell me why you are PFEN. Deal?
PFEN, it's Latin.from 'per fas et nefas' :wink2:
the motto of my officer school promotion 0:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
how much did you hate to say this:wink2:
Sorry if I caused offence. It’s just jealousy. I wish I could spare the money to do more things to my Bobber but mortgage, kid’s school fees, food, etc. mean I’m constantly strapped for cash.

Still, I had an absolutely brilliant run yesterday on the Moffat Loop (A701/A708) in the gorgeous weather!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
PFEN, it's Latin.from 'per fas et nefas' :wink2:
the motto of my officer school promotion 0:)
When I run the Chrome translator on PFEN it changes it to "HEAD." I have no idea from which language the translator comes up with that, but I found it interesting.

So chezqui, where's the explanation of your screen name in return?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts