Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Funny!

The guy is funny! He rants and raves but at the end... this testosteron driven Harley dude... winks and is Ok with it, the Bobber.
I saw this a few weeks back. He is hilarious, shared it with family and friends that found it hilarious too. And he points to stuff that actually is correct. The Bobber has a hipster ring to it. The marketing videos ar sooo Hipster.
I really wish they never called it the Bobber. It is lame. Bobber is a type of bikes, not a brand. Sorry. As someone in another thread here I want to peel off that logo, but obviously it is embedded into the metal. I'll find a way around that.
Never mind that. He huffs and puffs while I will ride my Bonneville (Bobber) with a huge grin on my face :grin2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
He has a lot of humor and I do agree on a lot of point like who the **** puts a bike in the second floor?
Ahahaha!

And the name is stupid. But, they do something right judging by the sales numbers. Also "the bobber" probably does great for organic google searches and steals a lot from HD for example.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The guy is funny! He rants and raves but at the end... this testosteron driven Harley dude... winks and is Ok with it, the Bobber.
I saw this a few weeks back. He is hilarious, shared it with family and friends that found it hilarious too. And he points to stuff that actually is correct. The Bobber has a hipster ring to it. The marketing videos ar sooo Hipster.
I really wish they never called it the Bobber. It is lame. Bobber is a type of bikes, not a brand. Sorry. As someone in another thread here I want to peel off that logo, but obviously it is embedded into the metal. I'll find a way around that.
Never mind that. He huffs and puffs while I will ride my Bonneville (Bobber) with a huge grin on my face :grin2:
I'm normally late to the party, hence just now watching the ranting & ravings of this, and came to the same conclusion: it's a spoof on the Bobber and because it's a spoof, I found it hilarious. Even if it wasn't a spoof by intending to make fun of something that brings me joy, life is too short to take all things that seriously. I enjoy my Bobber is all that matters.

Reactions: Forjox

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just ran across this. "Digital tach? WHY BOTHER?" He's so right!

I wrote Triumph asking them to add an analog tach to the Bobber. Naturally I got some HR canned bullshit ... that is my one gripe with this bike. Otherwise, it's perfect, and even though he shits all over it I still enjoy Mr. Neckbeard roasting it!

·
Registered
2020 Bobber Black
736 Posts
He still thinks it's an ugly duck, but it's an ugly duck on steroids, and who doesn't like that? I bought my Bobber because I wanted a lighter, smaller bike than my Rocket III. It's great for the mission I use it for, but so is the T-120 and the Trophy I have. Beauty is in the eye, fun is in the pants.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ive never seen a single commercial for the Bobber.
To me it's the design that I like and was choosing between Indian scout and the bobber.
I remodeled my old Kawasaki in the similar way too.
Before I had any bike, if anyone asked what bike I'm interested in, there was one key feature: bobber.
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Plant

·
Registered
67 Posts
Funny you should mention the Indian Scout. My friend sent me a photo of a Bobber Black a couple years ago. He really wanted one.

I forgot all about it before I walked into the local Triumph stealership and sat on the only Bobber they had in stock - a '22 Gold Line. I bought it without even a test ride.

When I sent my friend a picture of my latest bike he said "I hate you." and of course he HAD to find a different bike LOL. So he's looking at the Indian Scout now. Can't be a poser with the same bike as me haha what a tool!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny you should mention the Indian Scout. My friend sent me a photo of a Bobber Black a couple years ago. He really wanted one.

I forgot all about it before I walked into the local Triumph stealership and sat on the only Bobber they had in stock - a '22 Gold Line. I bought it without even a test ride.

When I sent my friend a picture of my latest bike he said "I hate you." and of course he HAD to find a different bike LOL. So he's looking at the Indian Scout now. Can't be a poser with the same bike as me haha what a tool!
LMAO what a common issue among friends and family. Unhealthy sibling competition vibe 🤣

21 - 34 of 34 Posts