Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy really... REALLY doesn't like the Triumph Bonneville Bobber. Like... everything. Hates that it's called the Bobber as well. Hates factory customs. Hates a lot of things :|

·
Registered
187 Posts
So much rage, but he does point out that it's his opinion and there will be people out there who thinks the new bobber looks great. To each their own, as long as the amount of riders increase over time, who cares what they ride.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As much as he dislikes it and has a strong opinion on it, at the end of the day it comes down to what they'll be able to sell. One thing I can agree with him on is the commercial, never liked it from day one, but if that's who they want to sell to, good luck.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course, to them, they're just looking for sales. They don't really care if certain people aren't going to like it, that's not their issue lol. If they can get units out there any which way, they'll get it done.

·
Registered
79 Posts
He could be the in the minority since Triumph wants to sell a substantial amount of Bobbers, they'll need to appeal to the majority of riders.
Too bad the stock rear fender isn't bobbed, legislation wouldn't allow a cut down rear mudguard. Just gotta chop it off ourselves!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cut it any shorter and you won't have anywhere to hang the license plate without obstructing something else. The Triumph Bonneville Bobber is already very minimalistic and isn't' that the point of one? To cut down the pieces and make them as small as possible?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much.. get rid of any excess body work, and front fender. Clip the tail, pretty much cut out weight from it.

I'm sure someone will find a way to do something to the rear fender though

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cut it any shorter and you won't have anywhere to hang the license plate without obstructing something else. The Triumph Bonneville Bobber is already very minimalistic and isn't' that the point of one? To cut down the pieces and make them as small as possible?
Don't forget the fact you can install a swing arm mounted license plate mount which still looks great and won't set off any cops, most just care your plate is displayed and easy to see.

I'm all for going this route:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot about those things. I've seen something called the floating license plate mount. Anyone know what that's all about ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
An arm is probably on the other side of that tire to hold that plate up. It just looks weird IMO, but it does completely remove the rear fender. frank's suggestion looks uncomfortably close to the wheel.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does look quite weird but a part of me likes the whole floating plate thing. Probably won't end up going that route anyhow though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
On cruisers the one i posted is the tried and true way to go, although it isn't the only way. A lot of local cruisers have it that way which really resonates with me. Plus being on the side of a tire it doesn't gather nearly as much attention and still keeps you legal.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Franks option is definitely the option I've seen majority of the time when I'm out and about. Maybe doing that with a plate frame like this would make it proper ?

·
Registered
792 Posts
He could be the in the minority since Triumph wants to sell a substantial amount of Bobbers, they'll need to appeal to the majority of riders.
Too bad the stock rear fender isn't bobbed, legislation wouldn't allow a cut down rear mudguard. Just gotta chop it off ourselves!

Like this !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Marketing 101

When you don't have a reason for people to follow you, you simply choose a subject that has loyal and substantial followers. Criticize them or the subject matter and lots of people will frequent your sight in opposition of your criticism. You therefore increase your awareness and your traffic. Quite simple. We are playing right into is plan.

There is no such thing as bad publicity...just publicity.

Its so funny how people like him conform more than any segment of the population. He's a "real biker" looks, dresses, and acts like all the other "real bikers." I don't have any issue with the biker look or bikers. Anyone who doesn't fit this profile is a "poser." Monetary status has nothing to do with the love of riding. Two wheels is two wheels. Ride what you want. "real hipsters are building bobbers" What a joke, real hipsters are drinking a coffee at Starbucks...Oh wait, a real hipster probably can't go to a Starbucks... That's to mainstream now. They have to find some other place to go.

Why would anyone follow this guy? What has he ever accomplished in the motorcycle world?

By the way, I love the KTM in the background. I'd pay money to watch him take a lap on a motocross track.

All production bikes are some plagiarized version of someones concept.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m fortunate that I was able to buy a Bobber since I already have a Harley. Today, I rode both (not at the same time). I appreciate each one for what they are, for the craftsmanship and engineering behind them, for their connection to history. Both speak to me and provide me with a unique and satisfying experience. My HD is a brute while the Bobber is nimble and I really enjoy them for what they offer. Guys like this, and I’ve known many, have all the answers and want to tell anyone who will listen. They see the world too narrowly for me and thus cut themselves off from other riding experiences. Personally, I could give a *#&$( less what he thinks, just like I don’t care what anyone else rides. If you saw me, I look like a thug biker.... especially when decked out in my typical HD riding attire. That said, I wave at everyone on the rode, stop if someone is broke down, and try to learn from guys who ride different brands. Honestly, when I was young I rode because of the cool factor. Today, I ride because it sets my spirit free and because I get to meet all sorts of fellow bikers. Ride a Honda, I don’t care. Ride a BMW, I don’t care. Ride whatever you are on and embrace what the bike has to offer to you. Personally, I absolutely love my Bobber and feel like I’m riding an aggressive and beautiful motorcycle when I’m on it. Pay no attention to those who “hate” this bike or that....... just ride and enjoy the breeze.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Do you need to change to LED lights?

Also, what are the meassurements on the US plates? 7" x 4"? I am trying to see if I can get a EU plate on that.
The US bikes already have LED lites. You will need to buy front LED lites to go with the Multifunction lite bar, both are Triumph accessories. I will have to measure the plate and get back to you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts