Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share this great story with you all.

Back around thirty years ago I was riding a Bonneville Special, slightly customized with longer forks, apes etc. Well I was recently contacted by the chap who has it today and has lovingly restored it to new condition. Two photos attached, one from when I owned it and the other, looking darn smart from how it looks today.

I believe this bike is now for sale and if I were wealthy would love to grab it but sadly it's just not possible. However if you're in the UK and you like this one, I would love it to stay in the family.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Sure looks better now, I have been toying with the idea of getting an older bike like I used to have 'back in the day', but this is probably too late a model.
& it's black.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Obviously well taken care of and loved. It should make you feel good that a bike you enjoyed having has been treated with respect and brought back to it's beautiful original self.
I had the opposite experience with a bike I sold to my daughters friend. It was an '84 Honda VFR I had bought new, it had 1500 miles on the odo and was like the day I purchased it. I found out two years later the young man parked it on the streets of Philadelphia where it wasn't well treated by cars that backed into the small spaces and was hit repeatedly. Very sad.

Chico

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gents,

Yes I was indeed thrilled to see this bike again, not only still running but looking stunning too. If I was a wealthy man I would grab it but alas this beauty will have to go to someone else.

It has brought me a great deal of joy just to hear from the current owner and see this great bike again. It was running beautifully when I last had it, so it clearly has been continued to be cared for.

What great fun and a real treat to see.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey, are those actually factory Triumph wheels? They look like Lester Wheels from the 70s & 80s! Anybody else remember those?!

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well in any case the bike looks great and its incredibly cool that you found her again.

-GPz

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Really cool to find your old bike again!

The other day in church a woman came up to me and said, "I believe I have your old Miata." She found the original paperwork in the glove box. She has been driving my old Miata for about 20 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts