Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just installed the wunderkind short rear fender with multi function lights.
Love the Wunderkind product but also would love to try the Kellerman Atto 3-in-1. Spotted them at last years Motorcycle Live and gave them a little test - I happened to be looking directly at the lights when test was still seeing spots hours later, they are bright!!

Got the US-spec multifunction currently and like the blinking red light aesthetic but may fall fowl of the plod/MOT inspector at some point.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Terry, your mods look great. Very cool. But are the lights bright enough to be safe (night and day)? I'd rather we be stock and alive than cool and dead.

-GPz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you would be seen easier with the stock lights as there a lot bigger, but yeah there definitely bright enough.
Stock setup safer.
Wunderkind setup better looking
Each to there own I guess

·
Registered
589 Posts
Terry, your mods look great. Very cool. But are the lights bright enough to be safe (night and day)? I'd rather we be stock and alive than cool and dead.

-GPz
GPz good point, safety first, although I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't seen a set in the flesh but as they're TUV approved I'd be pretty confident they're super bright. Germany has some of the toughest regulations in the world for what you can and can't fit to bikes and certainly their rules are much stricter than anything in the UK or the US.

Now I'm not normally a fan of side mounted plates, but the Wunderkind set up is really neat and I'm very tempted. >:)

And our very own 'Unparalled Twin' is a fan too

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the original fender, it's a work of art - but then my take from first laying eyes on the bobber standard was that Triumph got it perfect. You can certainly change this bike, but I doubt you can improve it. I've seen plenty of stuff that seems like a detraction in fact, but tastes do differ.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
I'm afraid I don't go for the side-mounted plate look. It makes the bike look unbalanced IMHO. If it wasn't for the number plate, I definitely prefer the shorty look.

Has anyone successfully squared this circle and done a good shorty while keeping the number plate central?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The second one is nice and tidy and looks the best. But, I like the bead/ridge and end flare on the OEM tail. I would like to see that detail carried over with the same length as the second picture.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd like the Wunderkin light setup with the stock rear fender. Best of both worlds. Anyone do this? Or do you have to have the rear shorty fender?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts