Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I use a SP connect mount to mount my Phone on the handlebar clamp. The phone itself is used for the coyote app (warns about speed traps and trajectory control). No I want to connect the power cable ( USB C on one side, two wires on the other side ), but have no idea where to connect it, so it will only give juice with ignition switched on. Has anybody already done this, and give me some help or a foto of where to connect the two wires ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Put straight onto battery but with the fuse. Up under the tank and existing metal clip for electrical lume. Straight on bars. I’m a fuckwit with electrics etc but it’s an easy job.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Don’t want it draining the battery when not in use so make sure buy one of the capped double usb kits. I’ll try dig out phots...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thinking of wiring in a device connected to an Igntion-on power source, then these pix may assist in navigating around the wiring harness behind the air-box cover!

In essence we're 'piggy backing' onto the DRL function, so be sensible and bear in mind we won't want to be configuring any high load devices like driving lights, heated gloves or the like. Those, best run from a dedicated battery feed and separately fused and/or if necessary a slave relay.

Bit of a PIA to access the ignition switch wiring plug/connector, let alone splice in additional wires, so this was (for myself) the most convenient and practical option.

Ignition-on Ancilliary..jpg DRL wiring  to  rear lights.jpg GPS Tacker wiring.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is what I did. I just connect the two wires before I use the bike and just disconnect it after use. To make sure no draining of battery. 8311A8F8-DF23-4F7C-B909-6133C059DAA9.png FB4CAF97-3447-4F85-BC3A-38EA0CE6847B.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thinking of wiring in a device connected to an Igntion-on power source, then these pix may assist in navigating around the wiring harness behind the air-box cover!

In essence we're 'piggy backing' onto the DRL function, so be sensible and bear in mind we won't want to be configuring any high load devices like driving lights, heated gloves or the like. Those, best run from a dedicated battery feed and separately fused and/or if necessary a slave relay.

Bit of a PIA to access the ignition switch wiring plug/connector, let alone splice in additional wires, so this was (for myself) the most convenient and practical option.

View attachment 42190 View attachment 42191 View attachment 42192
Thx for the effort, I wiil definitely dive in to this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts