Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job, Fnky! Is it just as simple as trimming them?

Also, does anyone know if the short stem signals are smaller? If not the what Fnky did seems the way to go.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice job, Fnky! Is it just as simple as trimming them?

Also, does anyone know if the short stem signals are smaller? If not the what Fnky did seems the way to go.
I be curious to know this also, it looks great by the way Fnky!

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you fit the short stem LED indicators there is a MASSIVE difference in both stem and lamp size. So much so, that when you get used to looking at them and you pull up to your mate who has the original spec indicators, it looks like he has a 3-Headlight Harley set-up in play LOLzz, ok maybe not that bad but once you get used to viewing the small indicators there is no way you will like the standard ones (except maybe to put on your Christmas tree).

Hope that clears it up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I be curious to know this also, it looks great by the way Fnky!
Took about 35min for both.
1. twist the lens off counter clockwise
2. unplug the white (+) and black (-) wires for the led - there's a rubber gasket, put that aside
3. cut the wire approx 2.5" from the ends - I soldered and heat shrank during reinstall.
3. remove the retaining ring for the stem - just pull up from the stem side
4. the rubber stem will need to be cut - approx 1"
5. tape up your housing - I used 1" painters tape
6. cut the stem of your housing - I had a small table saw handy.
7. I shaved off the outer portion of the rubber stem base for a tight fit and used large channel locks to press the rubber back into the housing. - don't shave off too much or you may need some superglue or glue gun to get it back together.
8. reassemble and enjoy

·
Registered
261 Posts
The stock lights are just way to big for a bobber. Even the BC ones are pretty big. Bobber is supposed to be stripped down so the smaller the lights the better. I went with the Rizoma signals. Small light with a lot of light. Very bright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts