Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Bobber actually manufactured and assembled in the UK or is the final assembly in Thailand? Some bozo just commented on my youtube video that it's a shame it's made in Taiwan !

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I would venture to say the Bobber was engineered in the UK, but both manufactured and assembled in Thailand.

Not sure, but I believe that Thailand (quality control, etc) is actually considered a step of from say, China.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Pretty sure it’s in Thailand. That’s also why there’s so many places customizing and making parts for them there because there’s so many around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
i was quite surprised to hear initaly that the Bobbber run was in Thailand, it (used to bea at least) that a first run was done in Hinkley, though the sales i think surprised the **** out of Triumph

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are made in a world class facility in Thailand with some of the best QC in the world, way better then the UK. Nothing to be sorry for!
The factory was designed, built and owned by Triumph.

Definitely not a shame!!!
I would prefer A British built bobber , wouldn’t buy A pair of loakes made in India , for me it does take the edge of it !

·
Registered
848 Posts
It is a shame that all Triumphs are no longer made in England, as it is that all Harleys are no longer made in Milwaukee or that all BMWs are no longer made in Bavaria, but that's the modern way, and if we get better cheaper bikes out of it, it’s hard to complain. :wink2:

What Triumph have done in Thailand is truly impressive check out this article

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/triumph-motorcycles-thailand-factory-visit

·
Registered
360 Posts
My dealer here in Germany said that my bike was shipped from Hinckley to Frankfurt and then to my dealer in Braunschweig.
The first 2 letters of my frame number are "SM" which indicate that she did indeed have the final assembly etc. done in Great Britain.
I really don't mind though because if she wasn't built there, then she was built in Thailand where; as already mentioned here; the quality control is second to none.
She's a real Triumph, that's all that matters to me. "Made on Earth"

mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts