Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Lads & Lasses,

I think most of us have ended up doing a number of modifications to our bikes, so this got me thinking.

What is your favorite factory mod, i.e. Triumph accessory/upgrade...?

What is your favorite custom or 'aftermarket' mod/upgrade/accessory..?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Two Favorites

Here's my two favorites,

Giving this some thought I would have to say my favorite Triumph mod is the footboards. These go a long way to helping my comfort and riding position.

My favorite custom mod just has to be my sprung seat. I really love how this project has turned out for many reason; looks, comfort etc.

Honorable mention must go to my wide handlebars, which interestingly could fall into both categories, as they are Triumph mini-apes but customized to my own spec.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
My favorite factory mod to date has to be sprocket changes to 16/39. Really cures a lot of the hesitation at low speeds. Honorable mention goes to my Fox shock.

My favorite aftermarket mod is my custom seat. So much more comfortable than stock.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Favorite factory mod. Not really sure if BC drag pipes count, but that’s tied with triumph short fender mod.

Favorite after market would be airbox delete, front headlight and 14” apes with 2” spacers.

Probably the best thing I did is getting rid of all the plastic parts.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Factory mod is easy, the Speedmaster forward controls, those count as factory don't they? If not then the short rear fender/multifunctions.

After market, is a tougher decision.. To date, I suppose the air box delete wins out over the California mini apes, because most of that was done with raw materials, my own tools and hands.
This category may change in the near (I hope) future, when my Alex Leather craft one off custom seat arrives.

Honorable mention HAS to go to my Powercommander V, because,, you know, MORE POWER!! :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Factory: V&H Pipes (I know they're not strictly Triumph, and the Bobber came with them fitted [ex Triumph staff bike] but they're offered as a 'factory' mod).

Custom: Ohlins fork cartridges and Matris shock. As a combination they have transformed the handling and comfort.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Factory: V&H pipes
Factory: Fox Shock
Factory: Black Seat with White Trim
Aftermarket: I rarely put anything on my car/bike if it isn't a factory option. :|

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
My favorite factory mods are the forward controls & high bar. I count them as one as IMHO they go hand in hand for rider comfort.
My knees & back thank me every time I ride.

Favorite aftermarket mod? Has to be the Corbin seat as without it I would have sold my Bobber. My tailbone was so sore that riding was nigh on impossible after 30 mins. The Corbin took away 90% of this troubling issue. The stock seat was a torture rack, plain and simple.
If I didn’t suffer from tailbone pain, I would say that the Wilbers rear shock would be my favorite non factory mod.

The honorable mention goes to the brilliantly useful Motone fuel cap. The cheap, PITA OEM cap was invented by a sick, twisted person who probably doesn’t even ride or own a motorbike. The very same individual probably designed the stock suspension, seat and braking system too...>:)

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
Oh, dear, I think I'm going to break the rules again...

I only have two Triumph mods on my bike, the forward controls and the Statement seat. I love them both for the looks, but the standard equipment is better in all rational respects. I guess if you have a knee problem, you might prefer the forwards, but I don't have such a problem, so I find myself really liking the looks but missing the crispness of the originals.

Favorite aftermarket has to be the Ohlins shock under the seat. Really, really brings the bike's performance up a lot.

Favorite me-modification has to be the gold plating. I knew it was risky and could have turned out horrid but I stuck to it and now have the only Bobber on the planet with quite this, er, look:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Favorite "factory" mod for me is the bobbed rear fender. Makes the bike look so stripped down and custom. Like a..well, a bobber :). Love looking at it, whenever I leave it parked. Favorite after-market is a tie between the Motone fuel cap (Eisen, you are SO right about that OEM fuel cap, which was IMO, beyond a PITA) and my STS self-canceling turn signal module which pretty much prevents my looking like some old lady driving miles before remember to turn off her turn signal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts