Triumph Bobber Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
987 Posts
A stat from my local motorcycle traffic cops, if you slide along asphalt/ tarmac with bare flesh you lose 1mm of flesh for each foot you slide. This was related to a bloke with his girlfriend on pillion, who was wearing shorts. The marks from her slide were over 100 ft...

60 mph is 88ft per sec... I always wear leathers, if it's too hot, I don't ride... Too hot is >35C...

PS My leathers were custom mads by Hideout :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I’m currently wearing the Triumph Arno jacket, and I have to say, I’m very happy with it. Quality and features are spot on, and it looks good too..

Due to getting an email from the Triumph outlet store with a great price, I’ve also ordered the Shirket. It hasn’t arrived yet, but I’ve seen it in a dealers and liked it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
HJC FG-Jet helmet for the warm months, HJC RPHA 90 modular helmet in the cold months. I wear glasses, can't get a full face to fit properly. Earplugs. Joe Rocket Big Bang boots year rouund, Joe Rocket Vintage leather jacket for the cold months, a couple of Speed & Strength denim jackets and shirts for mid-temps, and a Fly Racing Flux Air mesh jacket for the summer. All have CE armor. Still wearing jeans, though. I used to ride in just a T-shirt and then read a little more about safety. Don't think armor existed 40 years ago when I started riding. Now I laugh at the rice rocketeers in shorts, T-shirt, and either sneakers or flip flops. To each his own I guess.

·
Super Moderator
987 Posts
Now I laugh at the rice rocketeers in shorts, T-shirt, and either sneakers or flip flops. To each his own I guess.
Yeah, it hurts more after 49 years biking

·
Registered
8 Posts
Helmets - Shark S-Drak 2, Schuberth C4 Pro and Bell Scout Air
Jackets - Fuel Rally Raid Jacket (Navy and White), Belstaff Roadmaster Wax Olive, Triumph & HD Leather Jackets
Gloves - Helstons, Triumph and Revit
Jeans ( Need to change this habit )
Camper and Palladium Boots ( Also needs changing )

·
Registered
111 Posts
Triumph Larford Jacket,
Triumph Canvas Riding Jean,
BKS short boots,
BKS Short gloves,
Arai Cafe Racer half face helmet/Davida Moto Goggles (summer)
Airoh Flip front full face (winter)

To be fair I've not tailored my gear to the bike.... it's what I wore on my old Thunderbird Sport (avatar)

·
Registered
15 Posts
1. Helmet: Shoei gt air2 deviation black/brown and HJC V30 3/4 open face just bought the Bertoni F113 goggles (yet to be tested)
2 Jackets: Helstons cobra/snake and stoner (vented jack)
3. Gloves: Dainese black jack (not the most protective ones)
4. Pants: John Doe cargo defender mono
5. Shoes: TCX Street 3 air (for the hot days) and still owning from previous bikes TCX gore tex shoes
Will look next year into leather and other options. Still recovering from broken clavicle ( with e-bike 😂) , was bit a gamble to purchase a motorcycle again (not sure how shoulder/clavicle would/is healing

·
Registered
609 Posts
I picked this jacket up last year to finally replace the one I've had for 30 years. The sleeves were always a tad short as I traded a friend for it.
He got a signed Big Daddy Don Garlits jacket and I received a $300.00 motorcycle jacket.
I didn't realize this one was armored until I opened the package! It has a full zip-in liner, most are just like a vest that zips in, but the sleeves go all the way.
Removable elbow, shoulder, and back. I paid less than $200.00 and it is heavy duty!
For boots, I just wear steel-toe Brahma boots. Very comfy and 3m Thinsulate.

Outerwear Product Textile Sleeve Grey

Footwear Shoe White Black Boot

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Carbon NECX helmet with a **** of a sheild and double fog insert.
Thick Leather jacket.
Steel toe reinforced Kevlar boots with a steel ankle insert.
Leather gloves , jeans are my weak spot but not wearing the uncomfortable reinforced ones or worse chaps.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I too thought “I’m not wearing chaps”
But then on a summer day in the NC mountains it was 30 something degrees. So I unpacked the chaps and I tell you it made the ride tolerable. So I keep a pair packed just in case.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts