Triumph Bobber Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Current riding gear;

Scorpion Exo Belfast in matte black or if colder/chance of rain my Nolan N87 in matte black. There's a Bell Custom 500 Deluxe in silver flake in the locker for the DGR in September but don't tell my wife.

Icon1000 Highway Hanky and a neck tube (to keep the strap from snagging the beard ouch!)

Triumph Patrol leather jacket or Triumph Leybourne textile jacket with full D3O armour sets. If weather is really bad I resort to my Weise Dynastar Evo but to be honest, I'd rather take the care at this point.

Route One Brixton jeans or if I'm looking at a long journey Road Skin Paranoid jeans as they are fully Kevlar lined but are really heavy and if I'm honest a bit like ugly, dad jeans designed in the 90s.

Furygan Caprino boots that I've had fitted with custom Dainite sole or TCX Street Ace sneaker types for local rides. Both waterproof for the inevitable English rain

Furygan James gloves

·
Registered
20 Posts
Helmet: Shoei RF1200
Gloves: Alpinestars SMX-1 v2 Air
Boots: Street & Steele riding shoes (reminds me of my hightops from the 1980s)
T-shirt and jeans

I am buying an Icon Mesh AF jacket to appease my misses.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a 2007 era Triumph jacket that I bought when I got my 07 Speedmaster.
The picture below is not mine; but like mine, though I had mine customized.
The adjustment straps at the bottom were moved up to the waist area.
Zippers at the sleeve cuffs to tighten and cut the wind.
Hidden snaps at the collar to pin it down and keep it from flapping in my face while riding.
It's a one of a kind, and not sure how I'll ever replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
I’m still using my Klim Induction (summer jacket) as the weather is still warm. On cooler days or nights, I use my Klim Marrakesh (fall & spring jacket). For winter I break out my Klim Badlands Pro or Dainese 72.

·
Registered
117 Posts
During colder rides I wear...
Schott perfecto P665 jacket.
Redwing Iron Ranger black.
Davida classic helmet
Halcyon aviators.
And Levi’s of course.

During warmer rides I wear...
Bell Bullet helmet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Because of back and neck problems I need a light helmet. I used to have a carbon RSD Bell Bullit which suited the Bobber look really well but I just found it a bit too loud and I hate wearing earplugs (I know , I know I really should!!) So I'm using this full carbon AGV Sportmodular now. It's incredibly light and comfortable and also practical for filling up with fuel or nipping in the shop as I can flip up the chin bar and considering its modular in style it's quite quiet. As for the rest of my gear I've a Scorpion Exo Jacket , Belstaff gloves , Hood Kevlar jeans and Stilemartin riding trainers but this chops and changes quite regularly. ?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Got this as well today for the chilly rideouts. I'm a paid up member of the BMF and MAG as I really think they are doing great work concerning UK bikers rights and legislation within parliament so if my subscription helps with that I'm happy. Anyway...just had to get my forum name embroidered on it to fly the flag here, my missus thinks I'm sad and pathetic and she's probably right! ??

Reactions: Mickey

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
And what does your missus think about your hoodie? ?
Hahaha . Surprisingly she loves it ? , just the mere mention of bikes usually sends her to sleep so it's a step in the right direction. We'll be role playing together in full leathers before long ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is everyone wearing in terms of protective gear?
Just a list from head to toe. :grin2:
I recently bought a Schuberth Helmet on sale at Revzilla. Having a Bell and a Scorpion before I was looking forward to a high end helmet. The Bell/Scorpions are in the $250 range. The C3 was Normally $700, on sale for $400.
The C3Pro is so quiet and light I'm a user for life. I have a Ghost Camera with a mic that clips in front of my mouth. I can't use the mic on the Bell or Scorpion. The C3 is clear, and you can slightly hear the exhaust.
They aren't very vintage or Rocker-looking, but I hope to get an all black one someday to match the Bobber Black.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts