Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, what is everyone wearing in terms of protective gear?
Just a list from head to toe. :grin2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Arai Freeway
Bolle Safety Shades
Claymore Voyager Jacket
Rokker Revolution Jeans
Helston City Boots
Furygan Shiver Gloves

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bell Bullitt or Bell 500 (rarely)
Alpinestars Brera leather
Alpinestar neck warmer (for them cold Vancouver days)
Icon pursuit gloves
Jeans (no pinroll)
Blundstone Boots

Ray Ban Wayfarers (for them sunny Vancouver days)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Daytona Cruiser 3/4
Bobster Phoenix Fit On Sunglasses
Barbour Triumph International Minerva Wax Jacket (very nice!) or my ancient Harley leather
Turtleskin Work Gloves Yellow (always had that)
t-shirt
Jeans or the ancient Harley leather (and I can still get in!)
Sneakers or the ancient Harley boots (thank God something does not grow over the years!)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohhh, that would go very nicely with the Bobber aesthetics and 60% off! Does it come with protective padding?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Ohhh, that would go very nicely with the Bobber aesthetics and 60% off! Does it come with protective padding?
Removable Shoulders and elbow protection. Also has a zipper inside at the bottom to slide in back protector.

It looks like Revzilla has the jacket on super sale but with limited sizes.

I'm not a small guy, not huge, but 5 foot 9 at 230lbs, the XL fits great.

·
Registered
170 Posts
first of all, this isn't me!

A long time dear friend of mine wears the MOST protective gear and bright colors he can find.

Those are jockey pants and shin guards. The gloves and the full face helmet, covered with 2 inch strips of dayglow green tape aren't pictured. He has attached extra mirrors on the handlebar of his bikes.
Note, its Florida were its 90+ degrees today.

He's a good rider by the way.

I've know him for 35+ years and occasionally I ask him why all the heavy gear all the time and the answer is what you'd expect. for protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Gear

Shark Evoline 1 Helmet
Roland Sands Ronin Tobacco Jacket
Furygan Shortie Summer Gloves
Draggin Jeans
TCX Short boots

·
Registered
55 Posts
HJC R-PHA11 (Boba Fett)
Dainese Blackjack Jacket (brown/black)
Dainese Blackjack Gloves (brown)
Berik Jeans
TCX Urban Boots (brown)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Biltwell gringo S
Joe rocket ballistic for summer/ hwy 66 leather in cooler months
Levi's jean
Palladium boots
Tour master vented gloves summer
Ironclad gloves cooler months

·
Registered
35 Posts
Warm Weather:
Scorpion Exo Belfast
Speed and Strength full armor denim jacket
Icon Anthem gloves
Levi's
Leather Vans Hi-tops

Cooler Weather:
Simpson Ghost Bandit
Roland Sands Ronin leather
Roland Sands Barfly leather gloves
Levi's
A variety of leather boots (Vans, Timberland, Redwings)

Cold Ass Weather:
No change from cooler weather other than Olympia thinsulated gloves.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Arai Quantum
Triumph Navigator Jacket (my 4th one, had the vulcanised rubber cuff tabs, 3 failed, new stock was textile lol)
Triumph Navigator Trousers
Triumph Navigator Gloves
Daytona Boots

(Backup Jacket is a BKS Waxed Cotton (With Waterproof liner - https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/BKS-Hawker-Wax-Cotton-Jacket/24214.htm, with the thermal liner out it's great in the summer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Helmet of some kind; goggles if 1/2 helmet; full-faced, if very cold/rain or extremely hot
Jacket of some kind, the weather mandates which one
Gloves of some kind, relative to weather
Jeans, chaps, or Triumph breathable leather pants if cold/wet anticipated
Boots of some kind (1/2 boots, Cowboy boots, Aerostitch Combat Boots for real cold/wet)

The older I get, the less I care about brand names (and am more concerned with quality/function), but try to good and dress conservatively.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I wanted to throw a comment in the Distinguished Gentlemen's post , but thought it would hijack an otherwise good thread. So I searched and found this existing post. :D

I wear regular old blue jeans all the time. Daily, weekly , year end , year out. When I knew I was going to do harder adventure riding , the Duluth fire hose pants came out , otherwise....... I'm 400,000 miles + into street riding , and have had 2 incidents in my 20 years of riding , both at speed , jeans held up fine.
I do wear a good helmet (lean HJC for full street as they seem to fit my head best) Currently a CL-17 , also an appropriate jacket to the season , here in Georgia , I will wear a textile (Powertrip , Joe Rocket's cruiser line) 8-9 months a year , and a solid leather motorcycle jacket the other 2-3 months. I wear good gloves , typically deerskin or textile year round. For boots , I like Bates , Alpinestar , etc....... and find myself jumping the Bates most often for the Bobber. They are above the ankle boots.

Then about 5% of the time I sport a tee shirt and helmet/gloves when the mood strikes. :p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts