Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When it comes to customizing/individualist ng my BB, I'm not that adventurous or brave and I admire those that start cutting and designing bespoke items to make their bikes unique.

For those of us without those skills and imagination we are left with a selection of after market custom parts from Triumph and a wide assortment of companies.

So, what would you like to see become available for our bikes. For me I'd like to see more rear light options that utilize the existing rear fender mounting points ar surrounding framework whilst keeping the wiring invisible.
I would also like to see a replacement casing or some sort of cover/bezel for the instrument panel. The stock cheap plastic casing does nothing to enhance the bikes appearance. A nice machined casing that matches the triumph aftermarket headlight bezel would be nice.

Matching Peg, brake pedal and gear lever sets would also be nice to see. Currently they all seem to be mix and match options.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I think we had another thread similar to this one once upon a time. My wish would be more leather accessories. I'd love to see a tank strap made specifically for the Bobber. I'd also like to see a leather gas cap holder, which would be a leather loop around the gas tank opening that also wrapped up onto the cap itself, so I could unscrew the gas cap and let it dangle on the side of my tank while filling up.

I considered this for a bit, but I really don't want the bag, just the strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
. I'd also like to see a leather gas cap holder, which would be a leather loop around the gas tank opening that also wrapped up onto the cap itself, so I could unscrew the gas cap and let it dangle on the side of my tank while filling up
Depends on whether the want for a strap is to have leather or just so you can keep the cap tied on while gassing up (or both, I guess). I wanted the convenience of not having a loose cap while filling up, so opted for the Motone Monza cap. Very happy I did. Just snaps open, no unscrewing, then clamps shut and off I go.

As far as my own “want,” it’s probably for a Triumph self canceling turn signal module (J&P has one from STS which I may just break down and buy). I get frustrated when I forget to turn off the signal and ride like some old woman with a blinking flasher without any intention to turn. (It’s no doubt to my Indian Scout having self canceling signals as did my previous HD Low Rider).

·
Registered
277 Posts
When it comes to customizing/individualist ng my BB, I'm not that adventurous or brave and I admire those that start cutting and designing bespoke items to make their bikes unique.

For those of us without those skills and imagination we are left with a selection of after market custom parts from Triumph and a wide assortment of companies.

So, what would you like to see become available for our bikes. For me I'd like to see more rear light options that utilize the existing rear fender mounting points ar surrounding framework whilst keeping the wiring invisible.
I would also like to see a replacement casing or some sort of cover/bezel for the instrument panel. The stock cheap plastic casing does nothing to enhance the bikes appearance. A nice machined casing that matches the triumph aftermarket headlight bezel would be nice.

Matching Peg, brake pedal and gear lever sets would also be nice to see. Currently they all seem to be mix and match options.

I like this (bolded)

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts