Triumph Bobber Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
From seeing other pics, I think its a heavily modified Triumph, could be wrong.

Rear tire isn't daft if his purpose is to burn rubber, put the eyeballs in the back of the skull and shoot gravel into the on lookers' faces. To each their own my friend.
Yes you are right, Rocket 111 with built motor and intercooled supercharger torque is 300 ftlb, spins up rear tyre at ton plus on power alone.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Valve stems...really awkward to get a tire pressure gauge on there . When I change my tires I intend to install a couple of right angle valve stems , which It what triumph should have done In the first place . Its the little things .

·
Registered
713 Posts
Valve stems...really awkward to get a tire pressure gauge on there . When I change my tires I intend to install a couple of right angle valve stems , which It what triumph should have done In the first place . Its the little things .

Mar-Vel,

That drove me CRAZY until a couple weeks ago when I bought one of these Stockton gages:

https://tinyurl.com/y4ymcypg

The hose is floppy nearly all the way to the head so it makes life much easier. It's still not totally effortless, but it's definitely workable and ten times easier than it was with my little electronic Slime gage.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mar-Vel,

That drove me CRAZY until a couple weeks ago when I bought one of these Stockton gages:

https://tinyurl.com/y4ymcypg

The hose is floppy nearly all the way to the head so it makes life much easier. It's still not totally effortless, but it's definitely workable and ten times easier than it was with my little electronic Slime gage.

-GPz/Gary

Thanks mate...ordered . :wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Hate is a strong word.

But ... that darn chain guard...:(:(

It looks like it been grabbed from a parts bin for other bikes. The lines don't match, it covers some parts of the chain but not other and what the **** are those holes for.?

I'm going to have to sort something out at some point.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hey, that chain guard let's me show off my fancy gold chain! Plus the holes make it 22.7 grams lighter.

-GPz

·
Registered
173 Posts
General aesthetics, she’s a looker and different to the majority of new bikes out there.
I love the ‘40s styling, but modern performance
Attention to detail and hiding most of the less attractive parts
Engine character and exhaust rumble with de-cat and slip ons
Nimble handling
That idiot grin I get from linking a few corners and blasting between each one

Dislikes :

Oversized indicators and gloss casings on an otherwise matte colour scheme
( yes you need some contrast , but not there )
Non bikers thinking it’s a Hog ( at least until you show it a corner or three )
Brutal kidney / spine bashing on sharp edges bumps
Camp - looking “Bobber” inscription on air box covers
Walking into things , because I’m looking at the bike - not where I’m going

41 - 53 of 53 Posts