Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Where I live Oulton Park circuit is just down the road and villagers get a free pass to everything for the year. Plus they do a day where we can go round the circuit and have ago in their toys.

Then there's the fact that North Wales is just on our doorstep. So is Derbyshire. In the winter things can get a tad chilly but with the right kit you're fine. Rarely does the summer get too hot for riding in decent gear.

Reactions: Mysftail

·
Registered
534 Posts
Living in Central Scotland, I've got the Highlands and the Southern Uplands within easy reach - too many great roads to mention (when the weather's okay).

The nearby A701 between Edinburgh and Moffat is great if I want a quick fix of quality bend swinging.

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Living in Central Scotland, I've got the Highlands and the Southern Uplands within easy reach - too many great roads to mention (when the weather's okay).

The nearby A701 between Edinburgh and Moffat is great if I want a quick fix of quality bend swinging.
I have a soft spot in my heart for Scotland as I worked with a woman from there. I can’t remember exactly what town she lived in, but tha descriptions of the landscape used to give me chill!

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Where I live Oulton Park circuit is just down the road and villagers get a free pass to everything for the year. Plus they do a day where we can go round the circuit and have ago in their toys.

Then there's the fact that North Wales is just on our doorstep. So is Derbyshire. In the winter things can get a tad chilly but with the right kit you're fine. Rarely does the summer get too hot for riding in decent gear.
That sounds like an incredible opportunity. To ride any race course is awesome!

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Softail, are you sure your Scottish co-worker didn't give you a child? Those kinda things happen sometimes. Lol
Oh, no, no, no! She was the wife of my friend and mechanic. Looked like an H. A., but was the nicest guy I’ve ever met. He’s forgotten more about bikes than I ever knew.
To be honest, sometimes I didn’t know what she was saying with the very thick accent!😯
Dam that auto-correct, should read right now. Geeez!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I made the mistake of taking my leather jacket off and going with the summer jacket today, BIG MISTAKE f#;!k I was cold but climate change guys I'm seeing it too, BIG TIME

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

I’ve seen a few Top Gears with Wales as the back drop. Beautiful country and nice riding roads. Wish I had the opportunity to see them, and ride them!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shetland Isles, Scotland. Long straight traffic free quick blast roads and many twisty single track roads that the Bobber was made for 👌

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

One of my other hobbies is drinking Scotch. I have tasted 796 different Scotches so far. (I keep a spread sheet.) Most of the 796 are Single Malts. I've been to your beautiful country three times touring distilleries. Edradour is my favorite. I really need to get over there to ride.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
GF, I have to say, single is the ONLY way to drink even a moderate scotch. Cheers my friend. That's exactly what I'm having now .

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
After my first few decades of riding in my home country of Britain, dealing with the damp, wet and cold (although I still loved it), on a daily basis - even in Summer, riding here in northern Arizona is truly extraordinary.

Dry, open roads, sunny, clear sky's, little traffic, mountain as well as long desert road. Sheer heaven.

This morning's ride was a wonderful example, left home at 6.45am and got back just before noon.

Cheerio,
Roy

·
Registered
534 Posts
One of my other hobbies is drinking Scotch. I have tasted 796 different Scotches so far. (I keep a spread sheet.) Most of the 796 are Single Malts. I've been to your beautiful country three times touring distilleries. Edradour is my favorite. I really need to get over there to ride.
Whisky - bleughh! I can only drink it mixed with Fanta or Ribena. With a straw and little umbrella of course.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts