Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out with a few of the UK members on a great ride today and it occurred to me it was probably the most miles I have done on my Bobber in a single day. I normally do shorter journeys and would say I never do much more than 150 miles in a day.

Today I clocked up 257.5 miles or 414.4 km’s, so it is not epic in terms of touring on a GS, Tiger or similar and I am also sure it isn’t the most someone will have done on a Bobber but it did get me interested in what others do.

So what is your biggest Bobber ride ?

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
My longest ride was around this time last year going home (at that time) from Arizona to New Mexico.

Total milage was a little over 500 miles in one day (512 if memory is correct or around that).

I had not intended to do that in just one day and had planned for some camping but after a great mornings ride I was half way and still full of it, so thought I'm going to give it a go..:surprise:

A little stiff but I made it. Although I did think to myself 'I'm not 20 any more'..:surprise:

I think it would be a lot easier today on my new sprung seat..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My longest ride was around this time last year going home (at that time) from Arizona to New Mexico.

Total milage was a little over 500 miles in one day (512 if memory is correct or around that).

I had not intended to do that in just one day and had planned for some camping but after a great mornings ride I was half way and still full of it, so thought I'm going to give it a go..:surprise:

A little stiff but I made it. Although I did think to myself 'I'm not 20 any more'..:surprise:

I think it would be a lot easier today on my new sprung seat..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
That is a lot of Bobber refuelling in a day :grin2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
450 kilometres
Cool I feel this is enough, sure more can be done but is it a bike for that really ?

If they are good miles then you won’t do as many, if it is all motorway boredom then sure they pile on but are they any fun ...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

Cheerio,

Roy
I would be in traction if I rode that far on my Bobber. :surprise:

Reactions: Roy

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is your biggest Bobber ride in a day?

Just back from completeing the Northcoast 500 in Scotland with the longest days ride of 270 miles. Finally compleated the round trip from Isle of Man with a total mileage of 1200 miles in five days on some stunning roads! Will definately be upgrading the front & rear suspension before the next trip but other than that the bike never missed a beat!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
My buddy and I did 1,000 miles over a 3 day weekend last summer. Our longest day of riding was around 420 miles. Fun times!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
400, 500 miles in a day! That’s a lot of gas stops. What time do you guys start and end? Do you ever stop to eat? Bathroom stops? If you’re not on some kind of highway, I don’t know how you do it. Let me in on the secret, please.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
As mentioned I was running my new Speedmaster tank, so my 500 plus mile day was reasonable with gas stops.

Although I think it was around a 14 hour day of mostly riding with few breaks. I probably wouldn't do it again but that day just felt in the mood. Lots of highway riding too, so could crack on.

I know one stint I road none stop at 85mph + for 125 miles (on fumes the last few miles:surprise:). That stint alone convinced me a windshield was in my future.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. Here's a pic from that trip, the bikes changed a lot since then.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
As mentioned I was running my new Speedmaster tank, so my 500 plus mile day was reasonable with gas stops.

Although I think it was around a 14 hour day of mostly riding with few breaks. I probably wouldn't do it again but that day just felt in the mood. Lots of highway riding too, so could crack on.

I know one stint I road none stop at 85mph + for 125 miles (on fumes the last few miles:surprise:). That stint alone convinced me a windshield was in my future.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. Here's a pic from that trip, the bikes changed a lot since then.
Oh, Charlotte, how you’ve changed! :wink2:
Separately, if 14 hours in the saddle is part of the secret, I’m out of the club. Eight or nine does it for me and that includes a late breakfast or lunch stop and a mid afternoon flat white. I like getting to the hotel to work out before eating and drinking. All in a day’s fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did Edmonton, Alberta to Hope, BC, just over 1000km in about 12 hours. I could have gone a little farther but at that point your riding into the low sun and that sucked. I had zero issue with body ache and did another 500km the next day to Vancouver Island. I should mention that I am running mini apes, forward controls and a Corbin seat. There is no way I could have done 1/2 of it with the stock seat. The only issue was, once you pack the rain gear, there isn't alot of room in those bags.
Biggest problem is after a trip like that its hard to go back to riding the flat prairies.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts