Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m in need of a new pair of gloves for the Bobber.

I’ll only use the bike when the weather is good... which isn’t all that often in the U.K so I don’t need winter gloves. If it is ever a little chilly I’ll just wear an under glove.

I’d like a retro style glove that offers a decent level of protection, leather and water proof preferred.

What are you guys wearing and what do you recommend I look at?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi all,

I’m in need of a new pair of gloves for the Bobber.

I’ll only use the bike when the weather is good... which isn’t all that often in the U.K so I don’t need winter gloves. If it is ever a little chilly I’ll just wear an under glove.

I’d like a retro style glove that offers a decent level of protection, leather and water proof preferred.

What are you guys wearing and what do you recommend I look at?
I’ve got a few pairs but my favourite by far are my short leather Alpinestars, they’re not retro or waterproof but the fit and finish is top notch, and with heated grips I can get three seasons use out of them. :smile2:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/376887

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a bunch to try (from the-cafe-racer.com in the UK)

Ended up with a pair of black furygan James d30 (swapped from the rusted colour - which didn’t look great).

I also tried the belstaff gloves - but they felt more like casual fashion gloves than protect motorbike gloves.

And the rev’it Palmer - which look great but felt too stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got a couple pair of Aerostich Elk Skin Ropers that I LOVE. They're cool in the summer, warm in the chilly, and the feel of the leather is FANTASTIC. I bought my first pair a couple years ago, they've got about 20k miles on them, and they're still going strong.

The look/style is exactly what I'm looking for & they're the most comfortable gloves I've ever purchased.

Worth every penny. :2cents:

Aerostich Elkskin Ropers - Elkskin and Deerskin Gloves - Gloves - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've got a couple pair of Aerostich Elk Skin Ropers that I LOVE. They're cool in the summer, warm in the chilly, and the feel of the leather is FANTASTIC. I bought my first pair a couple years ago, they've got about 20k miles on them, and they're still going strong.

The look/style is exactly what I'm looking for & they're the most comfortable gloves I've ever purchased.

Worth every penny. :2cents:

Aerostich Elkskin Ropers - Elkskin and Deerskin Gloves - Gloves - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
Does anyone in your area stock these gloves? I see you are also in Texas. Gloves are one of those things I like to try on when I buy them and I really like the look of those.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone in your area stock these gloves? I see you are also in Texas. Gloves are one of those things I like to try on when I buy them and I really like the look of those.
If anyone does, I'm unaware of it. I used their hand measuring/sizing chart & was pretty happy. First pair I ordered have a little extra room in them. Second pair I ordered 1/2 size smaller than the first. They started a little snug but stretched to fit perfectly.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Bog standard triumph textile 60 quid waterproof gloves for winter and a 6 year old pair of A* GTX365's for spring to autumn, though i think this year will be the death of them. I swear by any of the xtrafit (Goretex boned to the leather inside and the fingers don't pull out with sweaty hands in wet summer. Although not many make them like that

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I'm wearing the Roland Sands Barfly for most days in Tobacco:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/roland-sands-barfly-gloves

But when the weather gets too hot I'll throw on a pair of Icon Alliance:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-anthem-2-gloves
I have a pair of RSD Dezel gloves.
Though the gloves are great looking, but quality is below par and the zip is amongst the worst quality I’ve come across. They are also not waterproof (nor warm) so are mainly summer, urban riding gloves with limited protection and short use/lifespan. I’ve only had them since late summer 2017 and I don’t think the zip will last much longer.
Also, the small velcro tab at wrist level (that holds the zipper in place once its closed) failed on day 2 on both left & right hand glove. The material (velcro) is again - cheap, awful material that doesn´t hold. I cut the tabs off on day 3 and the glove was all the better for it.
I would not spend any more coin on RSD unless it was a model that came highly rated from a fellow forum member.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a pair of RSD Dezel gloves.
Though the gloves are great looking, but quality is below par and the zip is amongst the worst quality I?ve come across. They are also not waterproof (nor warm) so are mainly summer, urban riding gloves with limited protection and short use/lifespan. I?ve only had them since late summer 2017 and I don?t think the zip will last much longer.
Also, the small velcro tab at wrist level (that holds the zipper in place once its closed) failed on day 2 on both left & right hand glove. The material (velcro) is again - cheap, awful material that doesn´t hold. I cut the tabs off on day 3 and the glove was all the better for it.
I would not spend any more coin on RSD unless it was a model that came highly rated from a fellow forum member.
That's fair. I've heard bad reviews of the zippers on those gloves as well. I did a ton of research and everywhere I looked pointed me to the Barfly for breathable leather gloves around the $65 price point (on sale). I love them so far but it's only been a single season with them. No faults or wearing on them at all.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts