Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1962 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Lol. Doing something radical with my tank.
Ah just see this, sounds like someone IS getting radical. Go for it! It will give your bike a real custom look.
If it goes wrong just take it to a painter and get it done a sick colour or something.

You going for bare metal? Or repaint? Or we just gotta wait for the pics:cool:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ah just see this, sounds like someone IS getting radical. Go for it! It will give your bike a real custom look.
If it goes wrong just take it to a painter and get it done a sick colour or something.

You going for bare metal? Or repaint? Or we just gotta wait for the pics:cool:
Exactly. I want to see how it looks bare metal first then if I don’t like it I’m taking it to my painter later in the week.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mine not long back from painter due to chip in tank. Decided to stay with my orig colour scheme cause worked well with the brass and always liked it....... Apart from the badge:sneaky: View attachment 49408
Looks good. You clear coated over the decal by the looks which is what I may do.

Having spent most of the day trying to get the paint stripped I may just go get the tank media blasted tomorrow. This aircraft stuff sucks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I was changing bars on a bike one time and let brake reservoir tilt a little and about 2 drops of fluid got on forks. Before I could wipe it off it started to peel. I'm sure triumph uses some good paint, after all they come back to England for the paint jobs. Not in Thailand

1821 - 1840 of 1962 Posts