Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 1962 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
After 5 weeks, I finally got crash bars for bobber. These mufukers don't even come close to fitting. So pissed. Does match tatoo and I have a welder. Pix to come l8r
20210426_165559.jpg
20210310_204828.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
After eight weeks of suffering the back order wait for the mounting bracket, finally got the forwards installed.
The difference is truly amazing, improved comfort especially with the mini-apes; significantly improved control and feel.
I will be removing once the powder coating shop can accommodate my parts to get them 'flat-blacked'.
Really wish that Triumph had the forethought to offer a set of black forwards for the bobber but, I can get them done easily enough.
Pics attached please disregard how disgustingly filthy she is. She has had a bath and TLC since these pics.
To all, peace n ride safe.

·
Registered
Bobber Black
142 Posts
Got screwed !

First puncture I've had in about 20 years. At least I get to make use of Triumph Assist RAC cover.

And I've now added a 27mm socket to the tool kit as well :D

·
Registered
Bobber Black
142 Posts
No bueno. Looks like that screw has been in there a few miles. New tire and tube is in your future
That it could be. Wheel dropped off at local repair place, will be able to have a look Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.. At least I was on the way back from a morning ride, not far from home. Went flat very quickly - only a few 100 yards of squirrely handling to slow down and stop in a safe place. Triumph Assist was quick too - about an hour from call to the truck arriving.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had a flat in back tire once, on a gravel road at about 40 mph and the bike was like holding a young mule. From then on I have not skimped on questionable tires. Glad you didn't go down.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
That's a pisser

That's the only thing with spokes and inertubes. On a tubeless that would take 10 minutes to repair to get home with minimal kit.

Then the trauma of watching some guy strap your pride and joy in the flat bed. Always nervy :sick:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
That it could be. Wheel dropped off at local repair place, will be able to have a look Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.. At least I was on the way back from a morning ride, not far from home. Went flat very quickly - only a few 100 yards of squirrely handling to slow down and stop in a safe place. Triumph Assist was quick too - about an hour from call to the truck arriving.
If you already taking the wheel off, Have you ever looked into changing your own tyres/tubes .. Its a daunting prospect initially but its not too hard with the right tools and you get a couple under your belt.

Maybe not with investing if one bike that has a set of tyres once in a blue moon.

It was the off roaders that kinda forced me to changing tyres as was just to frequent but now do them on the bobbers.

It doesn't save you loads of money but it does feel like you have cheated the system lol

·
Registered
Bobber Black
142 Posts
If you already taking the wheel off, Have you ever looked into changing your own tyres/tubes .. Its a daunting prospect initially but its not too hard with the right tools and you get a couple under your belt.

Maybe not with investing if one bike that has a set of tyres once in a blue moon.

It was the off roaders that kinda forced me to changing tyres as was just to frequent but now do them on the bobbers.

It doesn't save you loads of money but it does feel like you have cheated the system lol
Not something I'd thought about on motorcycles. As you mention - on road bikes I'm normally just replacing worn out tyres with new ones, not repairs.

If it happens again I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

1801 - 1820 of 1962 Posts