Triumph Bobber Forum banner

What did you do to your Triumph Bonneville Bobber today?

386712 Views 2513 Replies 243 Participants Last post by  Bo7a
Share what you have done recently with the Bonneville Bobber forum community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally received my slash pipes, going to spend sometime with the install.

Example: Installed my custom side bags with brackets and when out for a ride.

Anything goes!
See less See more
2381 - 2400 of 2514 Posts
@Enoch I'm sure you get that a lot, but what are those mirrors? They look darn cute!
[EDIT:] As does the rest of the bike as well, of course!
Super clean work area. I don't see how you get anything done Enoch. Lol
@Enoch I'm sure you get that a lot, but what are those mirrors? They look darn cute!
[EDIT:] As does the rest of the bike as well, of course!
Hi Margus. They‘re genuine Triumph mirrors.. Not sure if they’re still available but here’s the details..

See less See more
Reactions: 1
Super clean work area. I don't see how you get anything done Enoch. Lol
Ha… I like to keep it tidy, it makes things easier..😎 But it all gets used…

See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 5
Today I did a few things on the signal light change over..but ran into a snag again so that's waiting for a piece to either be fixed by JB or a replacement piece..oh well. But I did get a new helmet for the Bobber..or rather in keeping with the color of the bobber I purchase a new helmet for the coming riding year. With all the SNOW we just got hammered with overnight...I needed something to remind me SPRING is around the corner!!
And the price was decent. I think come end of March/April they won't have my size as I got the last XL they had in stock in black and just 1 white. So sizes go fast!!
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille
See less See more
...absolutely nothing....and built a very small snowman instead 🤣

Snowman Sky Snow Tree Freezing
See less See more
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
That's one sad snowman Bath. C'mon.
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Successfully:
  • Added a few bits and bobs with a union jack on it so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding as to where this bike is coming from...
  • Added cooler guard grille and in the process might have stripped the lower bolt thread.. 😨
  • Turned the mirror upside down as per custom
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Unsuccessfully:
  • Changed the seat (got further this time with the bolt undone under the tank but then realised the bolts on the sides need a bigger Torx screwdriver than I had at hand)
  • Bolted the sump guard (forgot the darn thing at home..)
  • Glued the tank pads on it (the shape does NOT match the whites of the tank.. 😥)
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design Fuel tank

[Disclaimer: this is NOT my garage (I wish) and these are NOT all of my bikes (I wish) on the background!]
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Got some of the REAR tail tidy done with some modifications to the brackets for installing the license plate light. The wiring is the easy part. A few pics of the process. Final assembly to come...
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

First had to drop the rear wheel to gain sufficient access.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

3 wire is the tail light/brake light. The other white connector is the license plate light. My new light is combined with the tail light so not required. The other 2 are the turn signals LEFT and RIGHT.
Automotive lighting Crankset Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Hood

New BAAK bracket with spacers and rubber grommets
Automotive tire Fender Wood Outdoor shoe Bicycle part

My Number plate bracket mocking up

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Chair

First attempt re license plate bracket for installing it. Too high with the plastic cover. I'll post more in a different thread tomorrow...stay tuned!!
See less See more
You sure did! Question which windshield of the DART is that? I wonder if you can possibly measure from bolt to bolt across the front I have the Pirrahna (sp) windshield but would like the change to the larger as you have just not repurchase or change the hardware mounts if possible? Thanks...now get to work and clean that dirty girl up LOL....
@ve3hzz It is the Dart Classic Flyscreen. Bike’s under a wrap as we’ve got a storm rolling in but I should be able to take measures tomorrow.
As for cleaning - I’ve got some research to do what is the safest way to clean a bike like that. My past three bikes had plastics which are quite forgiving when it comes to wiping dirt off of those, but I suspect a painted metal needs a tad more care than attacking it with a wet rag..
@ve3hzz It is the Dart Classic Flyscreen. Bike’s under a wrap as we’ve got a storm rolling in but I should be able to take measures tomorrow.
As for cleaning - I’ve got some research to do what is the safest way to clean a bike like that. My past three bikes had plastics which are quite forgiving when it comes to wiping dirt off of those, but I suspect a painted metal needs a tad more care than attacking it with a wet rag..
Thanks Margus that helps to identify which I thought it looked like~ I will see if Dart has specifics if hardware between the 2 are the same if so I can just buy the new screen for riding in spring/fall and maybe the lower one for just summer. As for cleaning..yes metal paint work with sandy grit is not the same as just dust. I would suggest a good suds soap designed for cars/bikes that has a lifting agent that can wash most of it off once it has loosens it up! But refrain from high pressure as it will push that dirt into the paintwork! Then a good waxing once all clean. I plan on using a ceramic coating on my bikes in the coming month or so. I also don't use the car wash for my bikes or old cars as they recycle the water there and some has winter grit already in the mix...not good....Hope to finish up my tail tidy project this weekend on the bike too..pics to post of that once done...Thank you for the info...stay dry..and safe!!
I am not sure if this is right or not but I mix a few drops of dish soap into a spray bottle full of water then wet the bike with a garden hose and spray the mix over the entire bike. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the soap do its thing and rinse with the hose. The front normally has bugs stuck to it and I reapply the soapy water then wipe with a soft cloth and rinse.
Yes Margus that would work for the bugs and some of the grit. But TBH dish detergent will strip off any wax so after a re-application of a good wax/protectant would be advisable and lots of chemicals made for automotive/motorcycle purposes might work better...but not as cost effective or cheap! Maybe it works just as well LOL...who knows!~
Margus, it really hurts to see a brand new bike being mistreated as you have your bike. 😒

Chico
@Chico Yeah, I know. My heart aches as well. But she is not just a Sunday ride for me and needs to take me to work even if the weather is not favorable. All I can do is promise her pampering some time later.
  • Helpful
Got her clean(er) again! Remembered I have a bottle of moto wash I’ve had for a long while and though not perfect it works well enough. There’s really not much more I can do in these near freezing temperatures.
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
See less See more
2381 - 2400 of 2514 Posts