Triumph Bobber Forum banner
2321 - 2337 of 2337 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Don, how bright is the brake light?

Chico
Bright enough...it's a smaller lens so not as many LEDs as the OEM, but they're probably just as bright. I'm thinking probably 3 watt a piece. I had it open to mess around a bit with some modifications and noted there is a pretty good cluster of lights on the board. It's positioned with maximum visibility in mind so hopefully will do the trick. Caution is not only prudent but paramount in this country; I keep the eyes on the back of my head wide open 🧐.

·
Registered
Bobber Black
284 Posts
Fitted a booster plug.

Now I never found the throttle jerky, and I quite like popping exhausts, but lots of people on here are positive about them and @Enoch offered one on here for sale at a reasonable price so I thought I'd give it a go.

...and It's plug and play so I could take off with no issue in future.

Less than 5 mins to connect up, then another 15 faffing around to place the small box in a place where it didn't show 😁

And about 30 mins watching it run before the fan cut in for the 12 min thingy.

Initial thoughts ? Hmmm, I personally wouldn't buy one full price, but second hand it wasn't expensive. Slow speed is better (think wobbling around mini roundabouts), rapid standing starts for me are no different, roll on from 2K revs no different. Pops on deceleration are reduced but it still has a few (hooray).

What does sound different (but it might just be my imagination) is the exhaust rumble at slow speed and when decelerating. Sounds slighty deeper and more "rumbly". Might be due to the richer mix, might be just me imagining it...

Now the above is just my opinion - but perhaps I had a non-jerky Bobber in the first place so the difference is minimal.

Definately leaving it in place (for the occasional mini roundabout) for the time being as there don't appear to be any down sides.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine was absolute rubbish at roundabouts.
Put on a booster plug, now smooth as and I 'think' it's a bit smarter at the takeoff.
I'm amazed that we have different experiences with this, they should be identical
out of the factory.
Or is it us that are different?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fitted a booster plug.
I too purchased a Booster Plug but from the manufacturer. I did this because on my Z900RS Cafe the throttle was snatchy. The booster plug took a lot of that away making riding that bike much improved (IMO). Unlike the Bobber, to remap the ECU it had to be sent away..something at the time I didn't want to do as I'm in Canada and sending it over the boarder during Covid seemed a bit risky to me! So when I got the Bobber and rode it found the low speed stuff was a bit like the Z at times. Figured the booster plug wouldn't hurt and if I didn't like it easy to remove back to stock...easy peasy. Well after installation I did notice an improvement in low speed maneuvers and ride-ability seems to have been a bit better. Night and day? NO but say 30% better in some situations and for me that was good for the price and installation time! If/when I change the exhaust and or do an intake mod, I would by the Auto Tune software and a bluetooth OBDII reader and remap but I don't feel at this stage that is worth the effort. Also newer bikes that are Euro 5 won't be able to be done so glad I have mine now that can be played with should I want to down the road.

YMMV of course!!

Scott

2321 - 2337 of 2337 Posts