Triumph Bobber Forum banner
2301 - 2320 of 2337 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bobber Black
736 Posts
Yea chico when i bought it ,the knob was super glued on and I didn't even notice till it came off on bout the 3rd day. I just took a buffer wheel and kinda rounded it. Starting to cut clutch knob off to match and have looked at new levers but it hasn't caused any problems. I also get less wind buffering on right side😵‍💫
I went with short levers, they are adjustable: they can be lengthened and have 6 reach positions
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went with short levers, they are adjustable: they can be lengthened and have 6 reach positions
View attachment 56393
I like those were they difficult to install? I read somewhere that replacing the levers isn't as easy as it was on my Guzzi which I have similar to these style on...

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
641 Posts
Scott, you can order them on Aliexpress for a little over 30 Canuck bucks. The majority of mass market bike bling is manufactured there, which is why you'll find a better deal on their "in-house" platform. Lots of shops (agents) selling on behalf of a few manufacturers. You can "chat" with the seller and land an even better deal by way of promo codes offered. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Scott, you can order them on Aliexpress for a little over 30 Canuck bucks. The majority of mass market bike bling is manufactured there, which is why you'll find a better deal on their "in-house" platform. Lots of shops (agents) selling on behalf of a few manufacturers. You can "chat" with the seller and land an even better deal by way of promo codes offered. Happy hunting.
Appreciate the information. My question was more on install then the price or specific items for sale. I installed similar on my Guzzi and it was simple. But looking at the Bonneville and noting what I had read on line, just wanted to see others experiences with installation...not that I can't do it just if more involved need to allocate more time when I decide to do it. I am thinking also of heated grips....since it's getting colder here now won't likely be riding now till spring...
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
2020 Bobber Black
736 Posts
I like those were they difficult to install? I read somewhere that replacing the levers isn't as easy as it was on my Guzzi which I have similar to these style on...

Thanks

Scott
Allocate about 30 minutes to swap them out. The brake lever is a snap, you only need to remove the pivot nut and then unscrew the pin and the lever comes right out. The clutch is a bit trickier since you have to remove the clutch cable from the perch. What I did was thread the adjuster all the way in, align the slot in the barrel and locking wheel, pull the clutch arm to give me slack and removed the cable from the lever. Then removed the lever pin and replaced the lever, put the clutch cable on, fitted it back into the barrel adjuster then set the cable slack at 2mm Done. About 30 minutes if you're slow like me. Here's a video on clutch cable replacement. You can modify the technique to suit the amount of slack you need.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yea chico when i bought it ,the knob was super glued on and I didn't even notice till it came off on bout the 3rd day. I just took a buffer wheel and kinda rounded it. Starting to cut clutch knob off to match and have looked at new levers but it hasn't caused any problems. I also get less wind buffering on right side😵‍💫
Hey Woody, PM me your postal address and I'll send you a Christmas present.
Road surface Asphalt Wood Scaled reptile Tail

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ahhh, the good ole days. I used to ride no matter what the weather. Now I'm a fair-weather rider. I just don't have the flexibility to wash the bike that often.
Right now I'm just waiting to see if I can get back on it soon. Had LIF surgery on my Lumbar spine 1 through 5 on September 27th. Still really tender, but at
least I can walk upright and without the excruciating pain, I used to have.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Spent an inordinate amount of time finalizing new harness for tail tidy and signal relocation; quick test to ensure lights are working; routing cables neatly and with zip ties; fitting fender/mudguard; hooking up tail tidy bracket; another quick function test .....FAAAAK!!! 😡😡😡 Signals not working.... Rip it all apart again and diagnose problem. Chinese-made JST connectors are wonky and prone to failure by movement or slight flex. Instead of removing the whole harness I decided to solder in situe and I can tell you, it was a royal PITA! Anyway, done and all works as it should. Just need to add plate and wheel.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Hood
Shoe Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part
Automotive lighting Red Asphalt Road surface Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Rim Bicycle part

Edit: totally useless pieces of chit...
Satellite phone Cable Electronic device Electronic component Font

2301 - 2320 of 2337 Posts