Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
After I wash down the bike - for the tank, body panels, glass, and plastic parts I use Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish. For everything else I use a dry PTFE lube spray.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I like to keep things simple.

Washing up liquid for general washing/cleaning including white-wall tires.

Window cleaner works on everything (not just my windshield). Great for spot cleaning and general cleaning. Brings the rubber on my footboard up like new. Vinegar and water works just fine too.

For paint Original Bike Spirits.

Off topic tip (my wife is into natural remedies). Keep a little spray bottle of apple cider vinegar/water around for burns, bug bites & zits, works wonders.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use Bowden's Own products which are an Aussie made line. I love them for mt cars and have found them good for the bikes too. Depending on level of grime, I may start with a snow job, wash, then dry with afterglow. Love their Lazy Wax; it's my favorite for depth of shine. Their orange agent is great for chain fling.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I like to keep things simple.

Washing up liquid for general washing/cleaning including white-wall tires.
Nooooo… Washing up liquid has too many silicates in it and will streak the paint as well as strip the wax off!!!

The best stuff I've come across is SDOC100 from Germany. Spray it on, leave it a couple of minutes then hose off (gently). If you have persistent bits, same stuff mixed into a bucket of water with a noodle mitt... (use a bucket of clean water to rinse the mitt off before sticking it back in the soapy bucket)

·
Registered
334 Posts
for wheels/spokes i like to use "chemical guys" wheel cleaner. even before i converted to the belt drive, it still worked great on removing the chain grease. has a light citrusy type of smell.

for light detailing/cleaning i like to use this waterless wash/wax spray from aero cosmetics. has a light vanilla-y smell.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nooooo… Washing up liquid has too many silicates in it and will streak the paint as well as strip the wax off!!!

The best stuff I've come across is SDOC100 from Germany. Spray it on, leave it a couple of minutes then hose off (gently). If you have persistent bits, same stuff mixed into a bucket of water with a noodle mitt... (use a bucket of clean water to rinse the mitt off before sticking it back in the soapy bucket)
Yes, I use that too. I was astonished just how good it was the first time I used it. I'd been using muck-off before, but the SDOC was in a league of it's own compared to that.

Sometimes I'll finish off with a dose of autobright snowfoam and then all dried off with a builders vacuum to blast the water out of all the nooks and crannies.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Mequiar's Gold Class soap for everything. Autosol to polish the side cases. Various waxes, whatever I have around at the time but typically a Mequieas wax for all painted surfaces. Leaf blower to dry it off.

I am thinking about moving to Greotts products.

I did finally buy an new pressure washer to try out a foam cannon with (and cause I needed on for the deck, siding, etc). I tried electric, 3 dif ones and they kept popping my GFI outlets. Where I tried to plug them in, would work for a bit but ultimately trip them, so went back to gas powered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts