• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys
I was just wondering what age range of riders was using the Bobbers/Speedmaster.

And is there any lady riders on them.

Here`s a poll attached.

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
You only ever see grey or bald as the dominant hair at UK bike events! I also forgot to check "male", but that's only mid week :grin2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
There seems to be a mix of ages here for the Bobber, I'm not surprised to be fair as it really is one of the best bikes around at the moment. I'm 36 (today actually) and I thought I was quite young for it coming from sports bikes etc. A lot of the younger bikers I speak to seem to be swaying toward the Bobber style too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For what it's worth: I'm 31 and the Bobber is my second bike in my third year of riding.

Motorcycles scared the **** out of me when I was younger but my father always rode a Harley so the interest was there. It wasn't until I was level headed enough with a rational amount of fear (instead of the ridiculous amount of fear that I would kill myself on a bike) that I decided to take the MSF course.

Glad I got into it later than most as I feel a lot more responsible on the bike than some of my shithead friends.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In fact isn’t it strange that the amount of women, although the bobber is really low and therefore predestinated (sorry girls) to be driven by woman, is close to (in fact =at the moment) 0? From my experience especially woman really like it because of the (lack of) height.
Or
Are only males to be found at this forum, which would then of course falsify the results,....

Guess 2nd option...

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
I seem to recall one of our members purchased 'his' Bobber because he liked his wife's Bobber.

So if my memory is correct that's at leas one lady, although she may not be a forum member.

I also recall one lady rider joining the forum some weeks back.

Come on girls give yourself a shout out?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Yep, there are at least 3. One in Australia, one in St. Paul, MN and one married to the guy that bought one for himself too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not surprised at the results. I recalled taking a survey when I had a Bonnie and they were relatively representative of most age groups. Universal appeal transcending age.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
At age 67 it was getting to where I couldn't handle the weight of an 800+ pound bike anymore (Harley). Still wanted to ride but needed to "downsize" and be able to move the darn thing around the garage, parking spaces, etc. The Bobber is just the perfect bike at this stage. Love it!
I'm 71. I know exactly where you are coming from.

One of the dealerships that I go to sells Triumph and Indian. The Indian Roadmaster Elite that they sell ($36,000 :surprise: ) weighs almost 1,000 lbs. The passenger seat is bigger than my T.V. chair at home. If I dropped the motorcycle I would have to get a crane to right it. I am perfectly happy with the size of my Bobber (500 lbs.). :grin2:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahhh...being the OP of this post its now looking like i am the oldest at 76.( any takers for this honour ?)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts