Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought and fitted these Weslake TT slash cut pipes today to compliment the Weslake xpipe, must say personally I think it sounds superb very deep tone loud and certainly an improvement over others I have tried. A quick 50 mile blast in 1c certainly blew the cobwebs off both me and the bike which ran without fault, still need to get the air box elimination kit on so maybe next weeks job.

I need to work out why the photos are upside down.... sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
I’m lovin’ your pipes Tony!

Just a few question because as I might want to make a purchase in the New Year.

Does Weslake have a website?

Were they made for the Bobber or did you modify a Street Twin set?

Where did you buy them from, was it Square Deals in the UK?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weslake slash cut TT pipes

Hi, Bobber Bomb yes I spoke directly with Frank Bateman at Square deals and I got the first purpose made Bobber set they fit like a glove and I believe he is looking for feedback on this set of pipes before producing more sets I have sent him some photos (right way up) and let him know my thoughts which are all positive, probably best if you drop him a line at [email protected]

Tony

·
Registered
710 Posts
I did fancy the BC drag pipes, but I agree with Dr Bobber these look nicer :) They’re definitely the best aftermarket pipes I’ve seen and if they sound good too what’s not to like?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments, I purchased them locally here in the UK at. cost of £199 including delivery, same grade stainless as the ones you have just purchased, they are about 2” longer and it makes the tone of the exhaust unique.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Are these a straight pipe like the BC drags or do they have some sort of baffle? I like the idea of a unique sounding bike, but I don't want to wake up the whole neighborhood rolling out with BCs. Looking forward to seeing how these compare.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to disappoint you but your neighbours will know your leaving the house as they are straight through, might be marginally quieter if you have a cat fitted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your comments, I have been trying to work out why I cannot get those pictures to flip, thanks for your help eisen77.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Tonyalex57,Nice pipes. Would you be able to post a video to show us how does it sound ? I have just purchased my BC pipes and since your post I am really considering returning them and exchanging it for Weslake ones. I am sure that I am not the only one curious to hear it :) Thanks !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Weslake pipe sound attempt.

I will give it a go but if I can’t get the pictures the right way up not sure how a video will come out!!!!!! Super novice at this technology stuff.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I will give it a go but if I can’t get the pictures the right way up not sure how a video will come out!!!!!! Super novice at this technology stuff.
Best to upload the video to YOUTUBE and host it from there.
Any problems, PM me and i´ll try to help out :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
So based on above pics I've decided to return my BC drag pipes and swap them for new Weslake slash cuts. I think they look way cooler than the straight cut ones. Frank from Squaredeals told me that they have 9 more of them in stock. Grab them while you can :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I was waiting for the sound too until I couldn’t wait anymore :D and my 30 days return policy was getting dangerously close so decided to give it a try. I will only be installing them in around 3 weeks time so if Tonyalex57 does not send you guys anything then I will try to put a video together.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts