Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my new Competition Green Bobber with the Olive Green panniers fitted.
One and a half hours ride home, half way it started to rain, heavily. Could not believe the amount of water that was being sprayed up my back and then pooling in the seat.
Will have to find a solution to this as living in England this is a common happening.
Anyone got ant ideas.

·
Registered
170 Posts
so you have the standard rear fender and the two full sized panniers?
That spraying is not good news.

maybe a short trench coat like this that drapes over seat back.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
The spraying would definitely bother me quite a bit and especially the pooling in the seat... what route do you think you'll take to remedy it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will probably look for rear fender extender as it would be out of sight behind number plate. Waiting to find someone making them. In this country that can't be too long away.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not much you can do about water pooling in the seat as it's kind of like a bucket, maybe wear a long enough coat to cover you and the seat. If you really need a fender extender asap, maybe an already existing one can be shaved down to fit?

·
Registered
187 Posts
You could get those fluid jackets and pants, thin enough to store in a backpack or side bag and waterproof. Your seat will still be wet, but you won't.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Collected my new Competition Green Bobber with the Olive Green panniers fitted.
One and a half hours ride home, half way it started to rain, heavily. Could not believe the amount of water that was being sprayed up my back and then pooling in the seat.
Will have to find a solution to this as living in England this is a common happening.
Anyone got ant ideas.
I have purchased another front & rear mudguard, will cut/weld them up to extend front in both directions & lengthen rear, I think longer mudguards will suit this bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts