Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Vintage tail pack

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  motosickle 
#1 ·
Hi all, I recently picked up this lovely antique leather case which was apparently used by an electricity board. I bought it with the aim of mounting it to my fender rack but having offered it up I'm not sure whether it suits. What do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm inclined to agree with you - doesn't look too bad from the left but definitely looks too tall from behind and the right. I could lay it on its side but I'm not sure how practical this would be with a side opening. I appreciate your opinion, thanks.

#5 ·
Lionel

I like the idea of using vintage leather case on a Bobber but not sure the proportions are correct. I,m on the lookout for something similar but about one third the size. If you want to sell the case I,d like to buy it as an ornament in my lounge.Lionel

#13 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone. I really wanted it to work because the case has that vintage air about it which suits the Bobber. That said, your comments have confirmed my doubts - the case is disproportionate to the bike so its ongoing story is going to have to take a different path. Thanks for all the honest opinions everyone.

#14 ·
I may be on the other side of the opinions. I think for everyday use, nah....

However if you are able to rig it for occasional use or something for like picking up some vegetables at the market, couple growlers at the local brewery etc, it would look fine. It doesn't look any worse to me than other bags and what not folks have put on the fender. Once anything is put on the fender, for me, they all break up the lines of the bike.

Would look like a vintage delivery bike, and I have definitely seen bikes that look like ours carrying picnic baskets on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.