Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Fun Fact #2: Through extensive scientific testing, the Speed-O-meter indicates exactly 2 mph faster then you are actually going(at least on my bike). This is consistent from ~10 mph on up to 80 indicated. Compared analog speed against handlebar mounted gps ground speed. Do what you want with this exciting info! haha.
My last bike (2014 Kawasaki Z1000) would indicate about 10% faster then you were actually going. Honestly seems a little bit dangerous to build something like that into the bike. But apparently it is done purposefully. Anyway that's why I decided to check out the Bobbers speed and (at least on mine) seems to be pretty accurate and consistent.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Did anyone else notice how much the speedometer needle actually moves and vibrates no matter what your speed? Its impossible to focus and get an accurate speed reading. This is in stark contrast to other german and japanese brands where the needle is 100% precision steady!

Not really a complaint, just something i noticed from day 1.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did anyone else notice how much the speedometer needle actually moves and vibrates no matter what your speed? Its impossible to focus and get an accurate speed reading. This is in stark contrast to other german and japanese brands where the needle is 100% precision steady!

Sure did. It is 'Retro' right down to the speedo needle - lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts

A little cable lube will fix that! ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
One of my old bikes had a Smiths chronometric type speedo, and it was never smooth; it went up & down in clicks; like a clock!
But then again, we were concentrated more on what was going on ahead of us; like today; (nothing's changed there), and the speedo reading was, at the end of the day, just a notification of whether I'd still have a valid driving licence tomorrow or not... (not much has changed there either... apart from being a little bit safer today). ;-)

I noticed the silly flickering needle on my modern "2018" bobbers speedo straight away after purchase and thought: well, maybe they weren't on the moon after all... ;-))

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tach and speedo, never used them on my 70s Triumph. I just judged RPM and speed by how much my hands were tingling.

Reactions: Psychopasta

·
Registered
678 Posts

This is a bad thing, the fact that I didn't know my speedo had a needle :surprise:

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is a bad thing, the fact that I didn't know my speedo had a needle :surprise:
:laugh: like me... a Horn on my Bobber :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
608 Posts
and the speedo reading was, at the end of the day, just a notification of whether I'd still have a valid driving licence tomorrow or not...
Lol, I'm not the only one that thinks this, only time i look at mine is when i'm coming up on a speed camera or one of the usual speed traps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts