Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me is there a difference between the eu and us exhaust I seem to remember reading something about holograms or something?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The EU exhausts are homolgated and are totally street legal in Europe, so will pass all roadworhiness tests. They are “E” marked.
dB levels are within regulations.

The US ones are not and therefore are noisier.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hmmmm what about these ones ?
Interesting because you can see engraved on the silencer 97600574 which is close, but no cigar to the parts list.

I just went out to the garage with a torch and a mirror and can't find any numbers in that corresponding position.

I'll check the packaging tomo, it's in the roof space.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are the Vance & Hines really worth it over the standard pipes as I've already had my decat deleted and want a bit more noise - I am going to purchase the US ones as they are "noisier" than the EU ones.

I just dont want to throw £600+ down the drain

·
Registered
137 Posts
Are the Vance & Hines really worth it over the standard pipes as I've already had my decat deleted and want a bit more noise - I am going to purchase the US ones as they are "noisier" than the EU ones.

I just dont want to throw £600+ down the drain
Dude... you're buying pipes for a motorcycle: Deposit funds into toilet, and proceed to flush. LOL

If you're worried about cognitive dissonance, don't be. You'll love the pipes, but they are definitely not an investment. This is coming from a guy who put 50% of the total cost of his Bobber into... Bobber things.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dude... you're buying pipes for a motorcycle: Deposit funds into toilet, and proceed to flush. LOL

If you're worried about cognitive dissonance, don't be. You'll love the pipes, but they are definitely not an investment. This is coming from a guy who put 50% of the total cost of his Bobber into... Bobber things.
Aha! I am totally aware of depreciating assets I work in the motor trade. I just wanted to know if they were worth it over the the standard pipes.....too late I've bought them and struck a deal with the Triumph dealership US Spec Vance & Hines £450 inc postage :grin2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I test rode a bobber with the V&H and thought they sounded significantly deeper and louder. Not crazy raspy or anything like HD V&H but a definite improvement. I’m picking up my bobber Saturday with the V&H, Xpipe cat delete and off road tune.

I’ll post back how it sounds and feels.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Did you go for US Spec pipes or EU?

That would be great! I am really looking forward to getting my fitted this weekend! The only thing I am not sold on is the end caps on the V&H but nevertheless I'll live with the noise!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts