Triumph Bobber Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Now that it's getting on to the Fall, one ride you might consider is Skyline Drive. You could meet up at the 7-11 in Front Royal near the park entrance and go from there. Plus, you can duck out at several points if need be. 108 mi from Front Royal to Waynesboro. Might be stretching the range on the tank, but it's only 45 mph, and the last 1/3 is mostly downhill.

Figure since I'm here, I'd throw this out - hopefully, next summer will be better irt traveling. What say the collective on a "Bobbers in the Blue Ridge" meetup? Robbinsville NC anyone?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Now that it's getting on to the Fall, one ride you might consider is Skyline Drive. You could meet up at the 7-11 in Front Royal near the park entrance and go from there. Plus, you can duck out at several points if need be. 108 mi from Front Royal to Waynesboro. Might be stretching the range on the tank, but it's only 45 mph, and the last 1/3 is mostly downhill.

Figure since I'm here, I'd throw this out - hopefully, next summer will be better irt traveling. What say the collective on a "Bobbers in the Blue Ridge" meetup? Robbinsville NC anyone?
Skyline is fun - might need another bike to serve as a pack mule for fuel though if we're doing the entire Front Royal-Waynesboro stretch. Lol

Always down for a meet-up, but distance is definitely going to be a factor at this point for me. I just mapped Robbinsville, NC. Are we aiming for the forum's Iron Butt Award? Lol I'm not so sure about this one yet. (I'm suppose to be going down to Bristol next month, so we shall see how that goes and how the Bobber fairs with that distance).

Reactions: RO73

·
Registered
50 Posts
Skyline is fun - might need another bike to serve as a pack mule for fuel though if we're doing the entire Front Royal-Waynesboro stretch. Lol

Always down for a meet-up, but distance is definitely going to be a factor at this point for me. I just mapped Robbinsville, NC. Are we aiming for the forum's Iron Butt Award? Lol I'm not so sure about this one yet. (I'm suppose to be going down to Bristol next month, so we shall see how that goes and how the Bobber fairs with that distance).
I agree. For long rides, I tend to take my Street Twin as I can get around 200 miles out of the tank. Seat is also a lot more comfortable. Let me know if you guys decide to do it and I still may join you, but I don't know if it will be on the bobber.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts