Triumph Bobber Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
In any case, I think we still got a good 2 months before riding season ends? I'm also a new resident to Virginia, by the way.
If the weather stays fairly mild (which it has in the past), you can ride all they way into December up here.

Also, if you're looking for some meet-up spots, you can try Common Ground in Middleburg or Orlean Market in Marshall.

If many of you aren't aware, the Triumph dealership in Dulles - Motorcycles of Dulles - does a monthly ride. 4th Sunday of every month. Meet there around 8:30,
then head out for a nice ride in the surrounding area. Just give the shop a call and ask.

Another don't forget: Bikes and Breakfast VA in Clifton, second Sunday of the month. Note - get there early if you want a decent parking place!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Trying to get some steam here for the meetup. Calling on the VA riders: @beatle , @majstevetrevor , @Mar-Vel , @muensterDeath , @davidrb , @Dustin , @troyt , @Mandalorian, @CPORet and @RO73.

Proposing the idea from @CPORet , to use Bikes and Breakfast as the venue for our meetup.

Who: All forum members (no matter what you ride)

What: Bobber Forum Member VA Meetup / Bikes and Breakfast [BnB] - Clifton, VA (confirmed event unless cancelled by weather).

Where: The primary location would be Main Street Pub (7140 Main St, Clifton, VA 20124) in Clifton, VA. Follow on ride (for those that can continue) just down the road (approx. 30 min ride) to Farm Brew Live. See proposed timeline below.

When: 13 September 2020
Timeline:
0700 - Stage/Initial Meetup at Sunoco Centreville (14124 Lee Hwy, Centreville, VA 20120) Update: First address was for a different Sunoco
0715 - KSU (approximately 17 min. ride to Clifton)
0740 - Bikes and Breakfast Event (7140 Main St, Clifton, VA 20124)
1100 - KSU (approximately 30 min. ride to Farm Brew Livel
1135 and release - Farm Brew Live (9901 Discovery Blvd, Manassas, VA 20109)

-----
Update: (26 August 2020) I messaged the Bike and Breakfast FB group to confirm the date if there is indeed going to be an event that day or not. Event is confirmed. See proposed meet locations and timeline above.

Some key notes:
- As with any place in VA, please bring a mask or face covering for the venues we will be or may be going to.

- As mentioned by @CPORet, we may want to arrive early to BnB, hence the early hit times. The BnB is said to go from 0800-1100.

- 1100 KSU at BnB Clifton is to account for any of yall wanting look around at the bikes there, chat, and/or sit down for a long meal, whilst projecting for delays and queuing from amount of bikes there.

- By the time we arrive to Farm Brew Live location, the site would have been opened for at least 30 minutes. There doesnt seem to be any reservation requirements. 2 Silos Brewing, The Black Sheep, and Absolutely Sushi should be open on that Sunday (all other venues there are temporarily closed). Here its stay as long as you want, and its a release ride from here for everyone.

- There is obviously no requirement for any of us to follow the timeline strictly or even stay for the full timeline. At anytime during the proposed timeline, do not hesitate to take off as you would like.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations to this plan. Thank you all!

Reactions: RO73

·
Registered
53 Posts
Trying to get some steam here for the meetup. Calling on the VA riders: @beatle , @majstevetrevor , @Mar-Vel , @muensterDeath , @davidrb , @Dustin , @troyt , @Mandalorian, @CPORet and @RO73.

Proposing the idea from @CPORet , to use Bikes and Breakfast as the venue for our meetup.

Who: All forum members (no matter what you ride)

What: Bobber Forum Member Meetup / Bikes and Breakfast [BnB] (confirmed event unless cancelled by weather).

Where: The location would be Main Street Pub (7140 Main St, Clifton, VA 20124) in Clifton. Follow on ride (for those that can continue) just down the road (approx. 30 min ride) to Farm Brew Live. See proposed timeline below.

When: 13 September 2020
Timeline:
0700 - Stage/Initial Meetup at Sunoco Centreville (14709 Lee Hwy, Centreville, VA 20121)
0715 - KSU (approximately 17 min. ride to Clifton)
0740 - Bikes and Breakfast Event (7140 Main St, Clifton, VA 20124)
1100 - KSU (approximately 30 min. ride to Farm Brew Livel
1135 and release - Farm Brew Live (9901 Discovery Blvd, Manassas, VA 20109)

-----
Update: (26 August 2020) I messaged the Bike and Breakfast FB group to confirm the date indeed there is going to be an event that day or not. Event is confirmed. See proposed meet locations and timeline above.

Some key notes:
- As with any place in VA, please bring a mask or face covering for the venues we will be or may be going to.

- As mentioned by @CPORet, we may want to arrive early to BnB, hence the early hit times.

- 1100 KSU at BnB Clifton is to account for any of yall wanting look around at the bikes there, chat, and/or sit down for a long meal, whilst projecting for delays and queuing from amount of bikes there.

- By the time we arrive to Farm Brew Live location, the site would have been opened for at least 30 minutes. There doesnt seem to be any reservation requirements. Here there is 2 Silos Brewing, The Black Sheep, and Absolutely Sushi which should be open on that Sunday (all other venues there are temporarily closed). Here its stay as long as you want, and its a release ride from here for everyone.

- There is obviously no requirement for any of us to follow the timeline strictly or even stay for the full timeline. At anytime during the proposed timeline, do not hesitate to take off as you would like.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations to this plan. Thank you all!
I’m in as i attend all the Bikes and Breakfast events. I usually ride with 4 other Triumph riders. Would you be opposed to having them join even though they are not on the forum?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’m in as i attend all the Bikes and Breakfast events. I usually ride with 4 other Triumph riders. Would you be opposed to having them join even though they are not on the forum?
Definitely not opposed from my end. :) Not sure about the other forum members. I think the more the merrier, especially Triumphs!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Put me down as a maybe for this one. I have work detail at my hunting camp at Caledonia in PA. May not be at the initial meet up as it's 110 miles from my place. But I may try to make the Breakfast or the Farm Brew portion.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Put me down as a maybe for this one. I have work detail at my hunting camp at Caledonia in PA. May not be at the initial meet up as it's 110 miles from my place. But I may try to make the Breakfast or the Farm Brew portion.
Sounds good Patchez - hopefully you can make it. If not it's all good. I'm working a childcare plan myself, but I think its going to work out. I will continue to monitor the forums throughout the event for any messages of our riders showing up. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
^^^^Weather Update for Meetup on 13 Sunday 2020^^^^

As of today, 9 September 2020, the weather looks like there is 50%-60% chance of rain enveloping Virginia. We may have to reschedule. The Bikes and Breakfast-Clifton event may still happen regardless of our meetup.

I will continue to monitor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
^^^^Weather Update for Meetup on 13 Sunday 2020^^^^

As of today, 9 September 2020, the weather looks like there is 50%-60% chance of rain enveloping Virginia. We may have to reschedule. The Bikes and Breakfast-Clifton event may still happen regardless of our meetup.

I will continue to monitor.
I noticed that as well. I’ve been caught in the rain many of times while riding however, I try not to do it intentionally.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Event Update

The event coordinator posted the following message on Facebook:

According to the most recent forecast, Sunday morning will be cloudy, but there will be no rain.

Bikes and Breakfast is this Sunday, September 13th, between 8 and 11am in Clifton, VA by Main Street Pub.

For this month's Bikes & Breakfast, Brooks Cycles will raffle off a pair of tires Dunlop Q3+ for sportbike, or American Elite for cruisers. So stop by our table in front of the pub to get a raffle ticket.

Please make sure you wear a mask and practice social distancing.

I look forward to seeing you all there.
-------

I messaged John and it seems like the event is happening rain or shine (no rain date).

So based on this most recent assessment, I plan on riding to the meetup spot to meet per the prescibed timeline. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Event Update

The event coordinator posted the following message on Facebook:

According to the most recent forecast, Sunday morning will be cloudy, but there will be no rain.

Bikes and Breakfast is this Sunday, September 13th, between 8 and 11am in Clifton, VA by Main Street Pub.

For this month's Bikes & Breakfast, Brooks Cycles will raffle off a pair of tires Dunlop Q3+ for sportbike, or American Elite for cruisers. So stop by our table in front of the pub to get a raffle ticket.

Please make sure you wear a mask and practice social distancing.

I look forward to seeing you all there.
-------

I messaged John and it seems like the event is happening rain or shine (no rain date).

So based on this most recent assessment, I plan on riding to the meetup spot to meet per the prescibed timeline. Will keep everyone posted.
It‘s going to be a game time decision for me. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good morning ya'll! So looks like the weather is holding up from what I can see. I will be leaving Charlottesville no later than 0530hrs to make it up the meetup spot in Centreville. Hope to see ya'll there! I will keep monitoring this thread for anyone who is showing up.

P.S. I won't be able to do the Farm Brew Live leg of the trip - and probably will be headed back south before 1100hrs.

----
0701hrs - Here! :p Gonna shoot over in the next 14mins to Clifton.

0740hrs - Here at Clifton - parked roadside across from The Wine Attic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey! @RO73 , it was great meeting you (and your crew) today. You fellas seem like an awesome bunch. Your Bobber looks majestic, and even though I'm sure the photos have been posted to the forums plenty of times, I'm going to post the photo here from the Bike and Breakfast venue today:

After seeing it in person, as good as the photos look of your bike, it cant compare to seeing it in person. Glad that the truck next to you didnt take your moto out when it was leaving. :X Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Here is another Triumph Bobber that was at the venue:

Had the opportunity to talk with the owner and went over his mods.

Both bikes gave me ideas on what I can do to my Bobber.

I also think I caught a glimpse of @CPORet on his Tiger (the plates gave it away :p). Sorry I didnt get to say hi, sort of lost track of you from all the commotion all around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey! @RO73 , it was great meeting you (and your crew) today. You fellas seem like an awesome bunch. Your Bobber looks majestic, and even though I'm sure the photos have been posted to the forums plenty of times, I'm going to post the photo here from the Bike and Breakfast venue today:

View attachment 45702

After seeing it in person, as good as the photos look of your bike, it cant compare to seeing it in person. Glad that the truck next to you didnt take your moto out when it was leaving. :X Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Here is another Triumph Bobber that was at the venue:

View attachment 45705

Had the opportunity to talk with the owner and went over his mods.

Both bikes gave me ideas on what I can do to my Bobber.

I also think I caught a glimpse of @CPORet on his Tiger (the plates gave it away :p). Sorry I didnt get to say hi, sort of lost track of you from all the commotion all around.
@Chino, it was great meeting you as well. I’m glad we were able to meet up. Thanks for the pic of the bike, there was so much going on I didn’t even take any pictures. That truck almost took out the Bobber. We had to bang on her door to let her know she was about to knock down quite a few bikes. I almost had a heart attack.
Looking forward to meeting up with you again (y)

·
Registered
53 Posts
My buddy took some shots of the bobber and our group. Some of the Triumph guys I ride with weren’t able to make it today but we still had some nice bikes show up.

05881BAC-C525-458F-9A1E-2F54B0D76633.jpeg

89D7E38A-1CC8-4309-9417-CC8B722B5904.jpeg

9B9F45BA-D694-468D-AF2E-C6EFC3E04A33.jpeg

·
Registered
138 Posts
crap. I completely forgot about this.
There is always next time! :) I'm actually not sure if I will be able to make to the next Bike and Breakfast venue up in Clifton, but @RO73 and I talked briefly about other suggested ride options (i.e. Luray, Brewery-ride, etc.). Regardless, I will try my best to make it to the next meet if someone wants to try to set one up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is always next time! :) I'm actually not sure if I will be able to make to the next Bike and Breakfast venue up in Clifton, but @RO73 and I talked briefly about other suggested ride options (i.e. Luray, Brewery-ride, etc.). Regardless, I will try my best to make it to the next meet if someone wants to try to set one up.
@Chino If you are able to make it up to the next B&B, I will have a nice ride planned out for us. We will make sure the ride takes you at least halfway back to Charlottesville. I know a lot of fun back roads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, that was me. I wanted to ride the Bobber yesterday, but I had to pre-run the route for Motorcycles of Dulles' next MOD Ride (9/27 if you're interested). 200+ mi on the Bobber can be a bit much for one day. Hopefully, the weather will be decent for next months Bikes & Breakfast, I'll ride either the Bobber or the Thruxton.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts