Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeah there must be a pic of the Bobber lineup... Sorry to have missed it. Also, if anyone closer in to DC wants to meet up that’s always more do-able for me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It was nice to meet you, David.

Until next time, ride safe.

Troy
Same here Troy!

I don't think we took any pics. But we did go over the bikes pretty well.

Headmasters was was a nice place (once we found it) and served a pretty good burger. I took a wrong turn on the way back of 211 and had to wing it the rest of the way back.

What I can say is that my Bobber is not a long distance bike. A tank of gas is about the right distance before needing a rest. I think that I got spoiled with the baggers in my garage. :wink2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and glad that I found this thread. I was starting to lose hope there weren't any other bobbers in the area. I actually live really close to the Edinburg area (Strasburg) that was mentioned. I'm excited to meet up next time if you'll have me!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and glad that I found this thread. I was starting to lose hope there weren't any other bobbers in the area. I actually live really close to the Edinburg area (Strasburg) that was mentioned. I'm excited to meet up next time if you'll have me!
I am ready for another 150-mile burger. Looking forward to meeting you at the next one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you're looking for "meet in the middle" spot, you might try Middleburg on Rte 50. It's pretty popular during the summer, and there's a couple of decent places to eat right on the main drag.

Or, if you prefer something with a little more British vibe for your British bike, there's the Hunters Head Tavern in Upperville on Rte 50. There's even a red telephone box outside.

Also, the roads in and out of Marshall are fun to ride on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thought so. Chances are, you've seen me ride through there on my Tiger or in the FJ on the way to the recycling center.
I don't recall seeing a Tiger, but there are only a few FJs in the area, and I drive one of them. Chances are we've driven by each other a time or two.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I like the idea, however in NoVa we are prob separated by a tank each to some degree. Sounds like by the time we get to 1 location, that would be the ride...solo....lunch, high fives, you guys telling me that my exhaust sounds like arse, and then riding home...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the idea, however in NoVa we are prob separated by a tank each to some degree. Sounds like by the time we get to 1 location, that would be the ride...solo....lunch, high fives, you guys telling me that my exhaust sounds like arse, and then riding home...
This is true unfortunately :frown2: . But I'm still down for a meetup if one is planned and it fits the schedule.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Throw out some dates and locations. I suggest:

July 14
1:00 PM
Hunt's Battlefield Fries
61 Steinwehr Ave
Gettysburg, PA 17325

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bump.

Hi ya'll! New member (relatively speaking) to the forum here, but I think I've been fairly active in the forums for at least one or two of you to come across my posts.

I'm homesteaded in Ruckersville (maybe 30 minutes north east along Rt. 29 of Charlottesville). My riding has been right down the middle between solo riding, and group riding with my motorcycle association.

I would like to explore more riding opportunities with you all, mostly because I think it would be pretty cool to see a fleet of T-bobs rolling through Virginia. I've registered for the "virtual" DGR with some disappointment, as I just got a Triumph to find out that the DGR has recommended for this ride to be done solo; I was hoping that the usual link up by D.C. would still happen and that I can take the first maiden flight up to that area and join that ride.

In any case, I think we still got a good 2 months before riding season ends? I'm also a new resident to Virginia, by the way.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm proposing a meetup at the Farm Brew LIVE venue, up towards Manassas (not sure what everyone's thoughts on linking up with this whole COVID19 situation in VA) sometime in September. Any thoughts from our forum veterans?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm proposing a meetup at the Farm Brew LIVE venue, up towards Manassas (not sure what everyone's thoughts on linking up with this whole COVID19 situation in VA) sometime in September. Any thoughts from our forum veterans?
They do have a new food place that just opened up there a little bit ago (Black Sheep), that I wouldn't mind trying. I may be up for this, depending on schedule.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts