Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there is some interest in the WMA riders doing a meet-up ride. I was thinking of an over-nighter in the future, but for the first meet-up, it would be a great idea to at least ride somewhere a few hours away, have lunch, hang out, and see what ideas we can come up with "off forum".

I'm going to throw out the first proposal. I think the consensus is something only a few hours away - probably westerly. I have two ideas:

1. "Sal's Italian Bistro" in Edinburg, VA. I've eaten there several times and the food is amazing. It's in a small town with one street and good parking. It offers a mix of highway and country road options perfect for the Bobbers.
  2. Tara's in Berkeley Springs, WV. Also a small town in the WV mountains, offers many routing options. Has local craft brews and a full bar. The food there is also fantastic.
Either option we can pick any weekend and make it a day of hanging out.

David

·
Registered
529 Posts
Those are both probably a bit too far west for me. I am just outside DC on the northeastern edge -- takes me an hour just to get around/through the city to Arlington! But if you all end up choosing one, we'll see, I may make it out.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are both probably a bit too far west for me. I am just outside DC on the northeastern edge -- takes me an hour just to get around/through the city to Arlington! But if you all end up choosing one, we'll see, I may make it out.

We could bring it a bit south-west to Culpepper, VA. Plenty of good eats there, and nice riding roads.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like a good ride now and then, but don't know if I can commit to most of a day out and back these days. Would be up for meeting up somewhere after rush hour during the week.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I'm down with something, but prefer the east side of the mountain.

There is the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill.
https://griffintavern.com/

Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. Actually Sperryville has a few options and with a nice market. They have a place that does great brick/wood fire pizza. Couple breweries.
https://www.headmasterspub.com/

I think by in large the ride out for a meet and greet would prob the the majority of the ride this time as we all come from some distance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm down with something, but prefer the east side of the mountain.

There is the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill.
https://griffintavern.com/

Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. Actually Sperryville has a few options and with a nice market. They have a place that does great brick/wood fire pizza. Couple breweries.
https://www.headmasterspub.com/

I think by in large the ride out for a meet and greet would prob the the majority of the ride this time as we all come from some distance.

Okay - I'm a sucker for a good pub and this one fits the bill. Let's agree to meet at Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. That should prove to be a good ride out for everyone in the area, and will let me get some back roads riding in on the way.

Now we need a date. How is this weekend, June 1?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Sadly, I have business travel out to Texas of which I am leaving for on Saturday, and the following weekend is already booked. Post some pics and count me in for the next one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay - I'm a sucker for a good pub and this one fits the bill. Let's agree to meet at Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. That should prove to be a good ride out for everyone in the area, and will let me get some back roads riding in on the way.

Now we need a date. How is this weekend, June 1?
Count me in. I suggest we meet at 1 pm. It seems to be a 70-mile ride for me, back roads mostly.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to get a couple of riders, but I admit this one was a bit short notice. I'll consider this one a dry run with whomever can make it... and we'll set another one a few weeks out.

1:00 pm is fine. It's about 70 miles for me too, that's a bit less than a tank of gas.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Afraid I won’t be able to make this one, which bums me out because I would love to make some new bobber-friends. But I’ll keep my eyes open for the next one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd like to get a couple of riders, but I admit this one was a bit short notice. I'll consider this one a dry run with whomever can make it... and we'll set another one a few weeks out.

1:00 pm is fine. It's about 70 miles for me too, that's a bit less than a tank of gas.
OK. See you there. There are three of us this time around?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far:

Troyt
Beetle
davidrb

Not bad. We can discuss future plans. Anyone else want to make it, I'll check this section Sat morning.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll make the next one. Same area would be ideal as well. There are multiple places in Sperryville to chill.

Roger that! Sorry you won't be able to make it but it's a long summer and there are a lot of events and stuff in the area for us to plan for. :laugh:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Picking up a new truck In Charlottesville Saturday morning so wont be able to make this one...Hopefully Ill meet you guys next time . Hope you guys have a good time .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to bail, but had quite a morning working on the bike getting a new sprocket on, then had to tend to my Thruxton for sale. We'll get up soon enough.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts