Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Anyone got any tips for rotating the tips on Vance & Hines exhausts? I've seen a couple of posts mention it here but realise i commented on a 2 year old photo so is probably lost in the mire of the forum (fourmming is not my strong point so please excuse any bad practises until I get into the swing of it).

The bike is currently not with me so I can't go out and experiment.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

E

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not sure what you mean by tips. Do you mean how to do it or what position?

They look OK with the recess turned out and I had them that way for a while. However, I do actually prefer them as they come and similar to the stock pipes.

Easy to do 5he change. Just loosen the hex retaining screws and turn.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Freddy

Yes, I meant the caps on the end of the muffler - I saw some turned out the other day on this forum and thought it looked great but as the bike is currently parked in a safe location (and dry, as it is torrential here at the moment) I haven't had a chance to take a good look.

I'll give that a go and see how I get on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
TBH it’s been a while since I did it. I know it was easy though. There are either multiple holes to retain the screws in preset potions or a continual groove allowing complete choice of tip position.
There certainly isn’t just the set 3 holes though. Without going and adjusting one on mine I can’t be definitive, sorry. I seem to remember that you can position whether you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn’t know that this was even an option, I’m going to try once I get back home to my bike. I did see a picture once of the tips pointing in a different orientation........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts