Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I’m having the Vance & Hines U.K. spec pipes fitted to my Bobber Black. I asked my dealer if it was necessary to change the map accordingly and he wasn’t seemingly 100% sure but instead kind of bluffed his way through by saying the tech’s our back will do what’s needed. He added that he didn’t think any such alterations would be needed.

In all honestly I wasn’t filled with confidence based on his reply so here I am asking you guys... does the map need a tweak?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The general consensus seems to be that the Bobber's ECU is able to autonomously adjust itself to compensate for the V&H's but it would be good to hear an official response.

·
Registered
639 Posts
We have been through this a number of times :D

It seems that there is a download but we don't think it is available to us in Europe because of emission regulations.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke to my trusty friend at Triumph Herts - he confirmed immediately that ECU re-map is required when V&Hs fitted - Greybeard
Hmm... do you mind if I give your guys a call to gather a little more detail. Do you have a contact name?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Not sure about the US spec V&H, but my EU spec ones did not require a remap.

I had them on for a few months and during that time I visited the dealer on a number of occasions to plug in the OBD and check for updates. There were none.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have been through this a number of times :D

It seems that there is a download but we don't think it is available to us in Europe because of emission regulations.
It’s true the question has been asked but the fact is a definitive answer remains outstanding. In this case we have two Triumph main dealers who seem to have a difference of opinion.

I need to get to the bottom of the matter as I certainly don’t want to be riding my brand new bike unwittingly damaging it. If there’s even a small question mark I’d just rather not fit the exhaust :wink2:

·
Registered
774 Posts
The V&H remap is not Euro 4 compliant to the best of my knowledge. The Euro V&H pipes are a different Part number. You will not Damage your bike running the pipes you have!

The Post on here stating that you must download the V&H map from the Triumph website was from the US instruction which are again... a different part number. That map will not even show up when a Euro dealer plugs in a bike!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the additional info guys... I feel the warm glow of comfort coming on! :wink2:

Perhaps the dealer Greybeard spoke with was refering to the USA spec pipes... or alternatively just didn’t know lol

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Thanks for the additional info guys... I feel the warm glow of comfort coming on! :wink2:

Perhaps the dealer Greybeard spoke with was refering to the USA spec pipes... or alternatively just didn’t know lol
Pretty sure GreyBeard & his Triumph dealer know their stuff.
The dealer was almost certainly referring to US spec pipes.

I also agree with Bobbyp; You won´t damage your bike no matter which slip ons you put on, but in certain cases may not achieve maximum potential from ¨upgrade¨.
Don´t expect a massive increase in sound from the UK V&H slip ons. They are still noise compliant (if you keep your cat in place).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts