Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used these horns on every bike I've owned for several years now, love them. Deep throaty sound and LOUD. On my Bobber Black it was about a 5 minute swap out. The night before though I did give the horn a couple coats of Rustoleum Truck bed liner paint to cover up the shiny silver parts of the horn. And I could do a whole thread on the Rustoleum bed liner paint, I LOVE that sh... stuff. I even painted my '77 Sportster with it. Anyway, here are a few pics. I mounted it on the aft side of the stock bracket due to space limitations. Not sure about overseas but in the states I buy these horns on Amazon for $17 US.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I added the same to mine, the weedy oem horn is embarrassing. £13.27 on Amazon's UK site. They do a low tone and a high tone version. I went with the low. It works really well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I added the same to mine, the weedy oem horn is embarrassing. £13.27 on Amazon's UK site. They do a low tone and a high tone version. I went with the low. It works really well.
I used the same. The tone sounds a bit boring IMHO, so I’m ordering a High tone match to add to the mix. I’ve had the pair on other bikes and it was the best “here I am” I’ve seen.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I used the same. The tone sounds a bit boring IMHO, so I’m ordering a High tone match to add to the mix. I’ve had the pair on other bikes and it was the best “here I am” I’ve seen.
I did consider that, but I am not sure if it would require a relay. The current draw I saw elsewhere is supposed to be 6A for a single horn. 12A would be a lot of current for the switch to handle.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I did consider that, but I am not sure if it would require a relay. The current draw I saw elsewhere is supposed to be 6A for a single horn. 12A would be a lot of current for the switch to handle.
I have done this same upgrade on every bike I’ve owned and they’ve all required a relay.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I ended up putting a Thunderbird horn on mine and well pleased. Anything is better than that 'squeaker' stock one.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
I don't know why bike manufacturers use these ridiculous Noddys-Little-Car horns. It may save thrupence (American friends: a dime) but it's a major safely feature.

When I was buying my Goldwing, the dealer made a point of showing off that thing's horn. It's like a Mack truck, just like a bike horn should be.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had to relocate my blaster horn again after install the small dresser bars. It wasn't that hard, just and extended piece of flat steel with a twist. I did have to get a little creative on the rubber mounting for the horn itself. I really don't like the location and see a possible new location at the front top of the radiator....maybe next week.:wink2::smile2:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts