Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you only had funds to upgrade the front or the rear suspension on a 2019 Speedmaster, where would you start (and why)?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If you only had funds to upgrade the front or the rear suspension on a 2019 Speedmaster, where would you start (and why)?
Do you have a Bobber Black or a Bobber? The Bobber Black doesn't need much of a front upgrade. It already has decent front forks. Both bikes could use a rear upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I don't own or have never ridden a Speedmaster, but I would think the rear suspension would be the first to takle.

As soon as I started running saddlebags on my Bobber Black the bottoming out started. Even with the slightly difference set up on the Speedmaster, one is still running a back seat and by association a pillion, for that alone I think upgrading the rear suspension would be the way to go.

Of course I really don't know what I'm talking about, so take it all with a hefty pinch of salt.:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
Before you decide to change anything, crank the pre-load on the rear shock up from standard (I could only get it to notch 6 with the toolkit C spanner). If that doesn't transform enough, I'd have to say rear shock, as in my experience of my Speedmaster the front end is pretty sorted... I tried a T120 for a long demo, and would have had to got the front forks tuned, as the dive was awful

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Sorry. I didn't read "Speedmaster". :| You do have pre-load on your rear shock. (Bobbers do not.) Play around with that first.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have played with the preload. Currently set two clicks from max. Big improvement but wonder if it can be much better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've upgraded the bike with a Wilbers shock on the rear and Wilbers springs on the front. Much better, not as bouncy, really like it. Cost was more than I would have liked to spend but I think it was worth it overall

·
Registered
3 Posts
I quite like the front.. Ive had a couple of spine tinglers thru the rear so that would be my first choice..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts