Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go with Up & Over Risers by Motone - 1" up and 1" back. I just don't think that I can get used to taller bars. Anyway, I will see how the Up & Over Risers work.

If anyone has installed these installation tips would be welcomed. :|

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Hi @gfspencer,

I recently installed the Motone up/overs. I personally not like the look of pull-packs but needed them for comfort and correct positioning and for that they have worked great for me.

The fitting was easy enough, although a little tight getting under the top yoke.

My main gripe was that they are not compatible with the Triumph clamp, but I just opened up the holes and it's working fine.

Overall though an easy mod and reversible if you don't like it. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I like the risers a lot but whilst sitting back at the lights the other day, an alarming detail came into my vision. I thought something had come lose. But no - it appears something is adrift with the risers.
Will you guys sit back and check yours please before I go to Motone.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Roy

If you look at the top of the fork legs and the awful plastic nuts, the bars aren't square to the yolk.

I expect you were focusing on the cr*p in the background :D

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Hi Roy

If you look at the top of the fork legs and the awful plastic nuts, the bars aren't square to the yolk.

I expect you were focusing on the cr*p in the background :D
I see what you mean now, that does indeed look odd.

I checked mine (see pic) and they seem to line up spot on.

I would pull your risers off and lay one on top of the other to see if they match up as a pair.

Cheerio and good luck.

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I fitted them and love em....
Makes riding a bit more comfy but still haven’t fitted a dart screen yet. Interested to find out how much protection the dart Gives?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I fitted them and love em....
Makes riding a bit more comfy but still haven’t fitted a dart screen yet. Interested to find out how much protection the dart Gives?
I couldn’t ride highways for long without my Dart. It takes too much effort to hang on at speed. Pro: the Dart diverts the air around my chest so it doesn’t act like a sail. Con: it diverts air away from your body on hot days. It doesn’t do much for wind noise reduction as the flyscreen is too small.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like the risers a lot but whilst sitting back at the lights the other day, an alarming detail came into my vision. I thought something had come lose. But no - it appears something is adrift with the risers.
Will you guys sit back and check yours please before I go to Motone.
I checked mine and they’re identical. Are you certain you removed the top spacer on the right side (since that side seems to be higher)?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No disrespect but I did an aircraft technician apprenticeship. 4 years to learn to do just about everything to build and service a passenger jet plane... and I did watch the vid :D
I was making a general statement. I wasn't suggesting that you personally needed the video.

I've been working on cars and bikes for 45 years and the video was helpful for me. :|

·
Registered
62 Posts
back order

I ordered my My Motone riser July 7 from Bellacorse. still on back order. same status at Motone US. I should have cancelled my order and ordered from Motone UK. I was trying to save on shipping. now I wonder if I will ever get them.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered my My Motone riser July 7 from Bellacorse. still on back order. same status at Motone US. I should have cancelled my order and ordered from Motone UK. I was trying to save on shipping. now I wonder if I will ever get them.
I ordered mine from A&J. They are out for delivery.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts