Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, anyone have any particular suggestions for a whitewall cleaner in the UK?

Triumph made a great job of over lubricating my chain ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've had good results with a Powder Cleanser with Bleach. I use Ajax but I don't know what your options are in the UK for that kind of thing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers gents, might just hit up the elbow grease and some soapy water... that’s probably all the whitewall cleaner is anyway!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cheers gents, might just hit up the elbow grease and some soapy water... that’s probably all the whitewall cleaner is anyway!

I just cleaned my whitewalls over the weekend. What worked for me was to first do a light scrubbing with Simple Green to remove loose dirt/grime. I then used Motul chain cleaner to wipe off any grease off the whitewall (this saved my elbow from scrubbing too hard with Simple Green). And lastly, followed up with another scrubbing with Simple Green to get a nice clean white finish.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I did mine at the weekend. I use those vulcanet wipes for my whitewalls. 1 per side of the tyre is what I usually get trhough.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Pardon my ignorance mate... but what is simple green?
Simple Green is a spray on general purpose cleaner. It's pretty good at removing grease and grime.

You Brits have a cleaner called RACEGLAZE Whitewall Tire cleaner. I've never used it but I suspect it is similar to some of the whitewall tire cleaners that we have in the US. I use a cleaner by Chemical Guys but I doubt that it is available in the U.K.

·
Super Moderator
868 Posts
Simple Green is a brilliant US degreaser/cleaner that I've used on the boat for years, especially when refilling with diesel (you always spill a bit on the deck). A quick spray before fuelling and the diesel "floats" in the SG. It's a small bottle, and you decant into a sprayer, and dilute...

Reactions: chezqui

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cool, any idea where I can buy it?

My apologies, I keep forgetting this is a global site and not just US. I did a little research and it looks like Simple Green can't be sold in EU because it contains nonylphenol ethoxylate.

At any rate, the Motul chain cleaner step that I did was the most important step as this really saved my arm from scrubbing too much. My guess dish washing soap would do a good enough job as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts